13th August 2015, 09:24 PM
Unregistered

Can i get lateral entry in NIT in Mechanical branch after Diploma in Tool and Die making?

Can i get lateral entry in NIT in Mechanical branch after Diploma in Tool and Die making?

13th August 2015, 10:46 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i get lateral entry in NIT in Mechanical branch after Diploma in Tool and Die making?

No, Lateral Entry admissions are not offered by NIT. Diploma holders are not eligible to get admission in NIT. Candidates who have qualified 12th standard with PCM group and those who have successfully appeared, qualified and secured good rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to get admission in NIT. Being a Diploma holder, you cannot get admission in NIT. But, if you are interested to do Bachelor's degree in Engineering course from any college equivalent to NIT, you need to appear and qualify Lateral Entry examinations.
14th August 2015, 01:26 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i get lateral entry in NIT in Mechanical branch after Diploma in Tool and Die making?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, there is no lateral entry system in the NIT. You have to write the JEE examination. You can admission in NITs through the JEE score card. From the entrance you have to complete +2 in science stream from a recognized board or institution. Then after the entrance examination your rank will be declared. You can get admission in NIT based on your entrance examination performance.
14th August 2015, 08:49 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

First of all there is no lateral entry admission available in NITs for diploma holders. You have to look for other institutes for admission through lateral entry exam.

Also, diploma in tool and die making is not a 3 years engineering diploma which will not make you eligible for B.Tech course.
15th August 2015, 04:05 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

No, I am sorry to say that you cannot get admission in NIT via Lateral entry scheme. Moreover, Diploma holders are not eligible to get admission in NIT as they are not eligible for JEE(Main) examination, whose minimum educational qualifiation is +2 completion.

Therefore, in that regard you are not eligible for admission in NIT.
15th August 2015, 03:07 PM
newmoon06

NIT (National Institute of Technology) doesn't offers admission on lateral entry. You can get admission in other institutes which offers lateral entry exam.
You can get admission in Mechanical Engineering if you qualify LEET exam for lateral entry in any other institute which offers admission on Lateral entry.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?