4th January 2014, 04:10 PM
Unregistered

Is there any chance of switching to any other department in B.E. by taking EEE in diploma?

Is there any chance of switching to anyother department in B.E by taking EEE in diploma?
What are the possible departments to be exchanged if we take EEE in Diploma?

8th January 2014, 09:31 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any chance of switching to any other department in B.E. by taking EEE in diploma?

Yes, there is a chance of switching branch from the one you have chosen to another one in your B.E even if you have taken EEE in diploma. But you have to compromise one year for this. Since you are a diploma candidate, so you can take admission in the second year of engineering directly through lateral entry scheme. But if you want to change your branch of engineering, then you have to seek admission in the first year of engineering. You can change your branch of engineering by the following procedure.

--> Give entrance exam and seek admission in the first year of engineering.

--> Study in the first year of engineering properly keeping a CGPA of atleast more than 8.5.

--> In the second year, your college will issue a notice regarding change of branch of engineering.

--> Apply for that and you can easily change your branch of engineering.

--> You can go for any branch of engineering of your choice. However since you are from EEE background so the branches which will suit you more are
:-

-Electrical
-Electronics
-Electronics & Communication
-Electronics & Instrumentation
-Electronics & Telecommunication
5th August 2015, 12:12 AM
Career advisor

Default Re: Is there any chance of switching to any other department in B.E. by taking EEE in diploma?

Swithching to another department while having diploma in EEE is not possible if you want to count your EEE diploma.
This is only be possible if you consider your EEE diploma as plus two certificate then only you can take admission in and other deparment and you have to study 1 year extra and your EEE diploma have no value if you apply for the job in future.
15th August 2015, 04:20 PM
DSP@1

In diploma you cannot shift your course in between as the subjects from one stream to other stream will vary.

But if you want to change your course in graduation then you can shot in the courses which you are eligible to shit.

The list of courses which you are eligible to shift are as follows.

-Computer Science and Engineering,
-Information Technology,
-Power Engineering and
-Electrical and Electronics Engineering.

These are the courses which you are eligible to choose in your graduation if you go to your graduation through lateral entry.

If you are not interested in these courses then you can join some degree courses like

B.A,
B.Sc,
B.Com etc,..
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?