1st March 2018, 05:58 PM
Unregistered

Can I study correspondence BE after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Hello I am a student of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. I want to study more after my Diploma. But I also want to do job after completing my diploma. I am thinking of doing BE from correspondence. Can I do this? Am I eligible?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I study correspondence BE after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  2. How to join correspondence college after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  3. How to study mechanical engineering through correspondence after completing diploma?
  4. What should I do after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  5. B.Tech correspondence after Diploma in Mechanical, Diploma in Safety Engineering and 10 years of work experience?
  6. Any scope for an engineering correspondence course? Will I get a secured job after doing B.E Mechanical through correspondence? -- [Most Discussed]
  7. How to study in marine engineering after passing diploma mechanical engineering after completing diploma
  8. Can I study correspondence B.E. after completing Diploma in Chemical Engineering?
  9. Can I study correspondence B.E. after completing Diploma in Mining Engineering?
  10. Can I study correspondence B.E. after completing Diploma Electrical Engineering?
  11. Can I study correspondence B.E. after completing Diploma in Computer Engineering? -- [New]
  12. Which are the universities offering B.Tech Mechanical through correspondence?
  13. List of colleges in Bangalore where I can pursue B.E correspondence after completing diploma in mechanical engineering?
  14. Chances to study Diploma in Agriculture after completing Diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  15. Can I study correspondence B.E. after completion of Diploma Electrical?
  16. How to do diploma in correspondence after finishing ITI(Motor Mechanical)
  17. Correspondence Diploma in mechanical engineering thorugh distance or correspondence education?
  18. Can I pursue graduation with correspondence after completing Diploma in Civil Engineering?
15th March 2018, 10:25 AM
Angry Girl
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study correspondence BE after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Yes, you are eligible to study correspondence BE after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.

Bachelor of Technology is the best course to pursue after completing Diploma.

There will no need to pursue the 4 years of B.Tech. Since you are diploma holder you can apply for the B.Tech through lateral entry scheme.

Under the lateral entry scheme, diploma holders can take admission directly in the second year of Bachelor of Technology. There is no need to do first year. You can take advantage and apply for admission through lateral entry.

Before you go ahead let me point out drawbacks of going with lateral entry scheme. The best engineering college in the country like Indian Institute of Technology and National Institute of Technology do not offer lateral entry admission.

If you are keen on completion B.Tech from these colleges then you will have to appear for the Joint Entrance Exam.

However if you don't really have any urge to take admission in IITs or NITs then go ahead with lateral entry admission.

You will to appear for Lateral Entry Engineering Test. You must have 60% marks in diploma to appear for the exam.

After clearing the LEET you can take admission in the seats reserved by the Engineering colleges for the lateral entry admission.

There are other entrance exams apart from the LEET. Some of these exam even accept candidate with 50%.
15th March 2018, 05:33 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I study correspondence BE after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

There are some universities in Indian which offer Bachelor's degree in engineering in distance mode like Karnataka State Open university. The B.Tech degree obtained from this university is not valid and approved by All India Council For Technical Education.

You can do job for some year and then apply for Lateral Entry Entrance Test to get admission in second year of engineering directly. Candidate should have at least 60% marks in diploma to apply for LEET exam.
15th March 2018, 07:47 PM
queen199
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue Bachelor of Engineering from Karnataka State Open University in distance mode. But AICTE has not approved this university for distance course.

In other words, it means that distance B.Tech is not approved. You can pursue regular B.Tech through LEET exam after some years of job experience.
15th March 2018, 07:56 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

You can definitely pursue Bachelor of Engineering in correspondence mode after diploma in mechanical engineering.

Some of the universities are;

Sikkim Manipal University.

Karnataka State Open University.

Amity university.

Distance B.E courses are not approved by AICTE.
15th March 2018, 09:40 PM
shahi jee
Senior Member+++++

According to me, you are eligible to do B.E degree course through correspondence after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. You can get admission through lateral entry or through merit based entrance examination.
15th March 2018, 10:59 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue Bachelor of Engineering in correspondence mode after diploma in Mechanical Engineering. Karnataka State open University is one the popular university for pursuing B.E in correspondence mode.

The degree of this university is not approved by AICTE. You should apply for LEET exam or JEE to pursue B.Tech in regular mode.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?