30th November 2015, 03:53 PM
Unregistered

Change of branch in engineering after completing diploma in ECE?

Can I change branch in engineering after the completion of diploma in electronics and communication? Please advise me for my future. Thanking you.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I change my branch in Diploma engineering or in B.E. after completing Diploma engineering?
  2. Can I change the branch after completing diploma in computer engineering to instrumentation engineering?
  3. Can I change my branch in B.Tech 2nd year after pursuing diploma in ECE branch
  4. How will the job opportunities if I change to ECE branch after EEE diploma? Is a correct path?
  5. Can I change my branch in civil engineering after completing diploma in electronics and telecommunication -- [Most Discussed]
  6. Is it possible to change the branch in B.E to industrial engineering and management after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  7. Can I change my branch from ECE to CS while in 2nd year?
  8. What I should do after completing diploma in ECE?
  9. Can I change graduation branch from computer to electrical?
  10. Can I change my branch to civil in B.E after completing diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  11. How to change the branch for B.E after completing diploma in E&TC
  12. How may I change my branch in B.Tech at Buldelkhand university(GBTU)? I'm in ECE and want to change to Mechanical engineering
  13. How to change my branch after completing diploma in electronics and telecommuication
  14. Can i change my branch in electronics and electronics engineering after completing diploma in electronics and telecommunication in RGPV university
  15. How may I change my branch from ECE to mechanical? I'm in a private self financing college under CUSAT(Kerala)?
  16. How to change branch in 2nd year after completing first year of engineering in IT branch
  17. What can I do after Diploma engineering both in study and engineering field?
  18. Can I change the course in B.Tech after completing diploma ECE?
30th November 2015, 10:03 PM
zzaza
Senior Member+

Default Re: Change of branch in engineering after completing diploma in ECE?

No sir you are not allowed to change branch in engineering. You are only allowed to do b.tech in same field in which you completed diploma.

For joining b.tech course you have to give LEET. LEET stands for Lateral Entry Engineering Test. After this exam you need to do online counselling to get a seat in any college.
30th November 2015, 10:58 PM
palugulavenumadhav
Senior Member+++++

No, one cannot change the branch in engineering after completion diploma in ECE.

Candidate can pursue graduation after completion of diploma on the basis of lateral entry examination. The qualified candidates will get placed in various engineering colleges to pursue same stream which one has pursued in diploma and one will directly enter into second year of graduation.
30th November 2015, 11:02 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Can I change branch in engineering after the completion of diploma in electronics and communication? Please advise me for my future. Thanking you.
You must take some special care while changing the specialization. Selecting irrelevant course after Diploma ECE may affect your career. So, I suggest you to select the course which is related to Electronics and Communication specialization. You can apply for the any one of the course below:
  • B.E. Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
  • B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering
  • B.Tech. Power Electronics
  • B.Tech. Electronics and Media Technology

Scope after B.E/B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering:

Since, Electronics and Communication engineering is one of the largest and fastest growing fields of engineering. You can find job opportunities such as, TV Station, Radio Station, Computers, Telecommunications etc.
30th November 2015, 11:39 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to change the branch in the B.tech course.

As candidates are only eligible to pursue the B.tech in the same stream in which they have completed their diploma. Candidates have to qualify in the LEET examination to get the admission in the B.tech courses.
2nd December 2015, 07:10 PM
arzoo mechanical

No, one cannot change the branch in engineering after completion diploma in ECE.

Candidate can pursue graduation after completion of diploma on the basis of lateral entry examination. The qualified candidates will get placed in various engineering colleges to pursue same stream which one has pursued in diploma and one will directly enter into second year of graduation
As candidates are only eligible to pursue the B.tech in the same stream in which they have completed their diploma. Candidates have to qualify in the LEET examination to get the admission in the B.tech courses and in west Bengal the lateral entry name is jelet .for more information please go through website.
4th December 2015, 11:43 AM
iruazim
Senior Member+

I am sorry to say you that you cannot change your branch in Engineering after the completion of Diploma in ECE branch.
Candidates can pursue Graduation on the basis of Diploma through lateral entry process.
Candidates must have qualified entrance examination, after that they will be placed in different colleges according to their performance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?