1st March 2016, 06:14 PM
Unregistered

Criteria for lateral entry admission to Diploma students under Gen PWD category?

I have completed my Diploma in Civil Engineering. I wish to take lateral entry admission. I belong to gen PWD category students. What is the criteria for the Diploma students for lateral entry admission?

2nd March 2016, 10:11 PM
Jitu369

Default Re: Criteria for lateral entry admission to Diploma students under Gen PWD category?

After completion of 3 years duration diploma you can definitely apply for B.Tech by lateral entry.

Some colleges take admission through lateral entry exams like JELET, LEET etc.
You need to qualify in such exams to get admission for B.Tech.

Some colleges conducted their own entrance exam for getting entry.

For B.Tech by lateral entry you must have minimum 60% in diploma without any pending backlog.
3rd March 2016, 12:56 PM
Aria40
Senior Member+

Default Re: Criteria for lateral entry admission to Diploma students under Gen PWD category?

Information Regarding B.Tech Course.

Nice to see your interest in the engineering course. As you completed the diploma course in Civil engineering so you can go for B.Tech- Civil engineering.

After completing the diploma course you can take admission in the B.Tech course directly in the second year through the lateral entry examination. There are many private/government engineering college in our country which offer B.Tech course for the diploma holder candidates. You must apply for the lateral entry examination.

As you are belong to PWD category so as per government rule you will get relaxation in upper age and seat. So, don't worry and prepare well for the entrance exam.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?