7th July 2014, 01:10 AM
Unregistered

Detailed information about JELET for diploma holder?

hi sir
i m jst cmplte diploma in govt.
plytchnic dumka,jharkhand with branch C.S.E,
i want to get admission b.tch in west bengal through the Jelet exam,
so plz give me detail information to related this

16th November 2014, 04:16 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information about JELET for diploma holder?

JELET stands for Joint Entrance Examination for Lateral Entry. It is an entrance examination conducted by West Bengal Joint Entrance Examination Board for candidates who wish to get admission in second year of four years Bachelor's degree course.

Eligibility Criteria :-
--> Candidate must be a citizen of India.

--> Candidates must have qualified Diploma examination with at least 45% (40% for SC/ST) marks from an AICTE approved institution.
(or)
--> Candidates must have completed B.Sc. Degree with at least 45% (40% for SC/ST) marks from a recognized University which is approved by UGC and must have qualified XII standard with Mathematics as a subject from a recognised board.

--> There is no age restriction to appear for JELET exam for Diploma holders of Engineering.

Examination Pattern :-
The JELET examination is generally held in the month of July every year. The JELET examination is of two hours duration and all questions will be of multiple-choice objective type. Candidates will be required to answer 100 questions, each carrying one mark. For every wrong answer, 1/3rd mark will be deducted from the total marks you had obtained.

Examination Syllabus :-
The questions in JELET examination will be set based on the prescribed diploma syllabus of The West Bengal State Council of Technical Education from the following six subjects :-
1. Engineering Mathematics
2. Electrical Technology
3. Computer Applications
4. Environmental Engineering
5. Engineering Mechanics / Basic Engineering (for Printing)/ Soil and water Engineering (for Agricultural Engineering)
6. Strength of Materials / Printer's Materials Science (for printing)/ Farm machinery and power (for Agricultural Engineering)
7. Food Process and Post- harvest Engineering (for Agricultural Engineering)

Application Procedure :-
-->Candidates who wish to appear for JELET examination shall have to apply online at board official website www.wbjeeb.in.

--> After filling up the online application form, a Confirmation Page and an e-challan will be generated. Both are to be downloaded by the candidate and e-challan has to be submitted at any branch of Allahabad Bank with Rs. 506/- in cash. Finally, the confirmation sheet, along with the Bank Copy of the e-challan duly endorsed by the Bank, should be kept in an A4 size white envelope, sealed and it should be sent by Speed Post/Courier Service or to be deposited by hand to the following address :-
The Registrar,
West Bengal Joint Entrance Examinations Board
AQ-13/1, Sector V, Salt Lake City
Kolkata 700 091

--> The application should reach the Board Office on or before last date of submission of application form. Applications received after last date of submission of application form will be rejected or cancelled.
26th August 2015, 01:15 AM
Unregistered

I am diploma student and I have got supply in forth semister. But now I have finished diploma in this year . So I can apply for jelet exam for b.tech.
5th August 2018, 10:09 PM
Unregistered

How many rank needed to get admission in Jadavpur university from jelet
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?