9th February 2018, 11:12 PM
Unregistered

Details about Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology course?

I am 12th passed student with Science stream and now want to study Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology course. Please give me details about this course?

Related Questions:
  1. Details about Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology course?
  2. Which are the courses after completing MLT Vocational?
  3. Information on B.Sc MLT course and schedule of exam in Kerala? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Which courses can I do after completing DMLT from Mumbai University?
  5. Detailed information about Distance PG Diploma in Veterinary for PG Diploma holder in Laboratory Technology?
  6. Is it possible to get admission in any BSc course after completing DMLT?
  7. Eligibility to study BSc(Medical Laboratory Technology) for 12th PCM student? -- [New]
  8. What are the different subjects consisting the Paramedical course?
  9. How many Bachelor of Medical Laboratory Technology seats are available in BIMTS Institute of Medical and Technical Sciences?
  10. Pathology laboratory after B.Sc in microbiology and diploma in Medical laboratory technology?
  11. Job options available for me after Diploma in Medical Laboratory technology?
  12. Need guidance for further studies after Diploma in Medical and laboratory Technology?
  13. List of courses other than B.Sc MLT after class 12th in MLT stream
  14. Eligibility to study Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology on 12th basis for WBCHSE student?
  15. Which course to study after B.Sc Medical Laboratory Technology (MLT) for a better career option?
  16. Admission procedure to study Bachelor in Medical Laboratory Technology for Diploma student of State Medical Faculty of WB?
  17. Can I join any sonographic diploma course after completing diploma in medical laboratory technology
  18. Colleges and entrance exams available to study Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technician course? Fees required for it?
11th February 2018, 10:08 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Details about Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology course?

Details Regarding Diploma in Medical Lab Technology Course:-
  • Minimum qualification required to apply for diploma in MLT is 10+2 or its equivalent qualification in science stream with Physics, Chemistry, Biology subjects from government recognized institute with minimum 55% marks obtained.
  • Duration of diploma in MLT is 2 years which are subdivided into 4 semesters.
  • Major subjects to be studied in MLT diploma course are Basic of laboratory equipments and basic chemistry, Basic haematology, Blood banking and immune haematology, Clinical pathology, Clinical biochemistry, Immunology, Histopathology and cytology etc.
  • Major employment areas after having diploma in MLT are like Medical labs, Private clinics, Military services, Medical content writing, Private clinics, Government hospitals, Medical educational institutes etc.
11th February 2018, 10:29 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Details about Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology:

The basic educational qualification required to pursue this Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology course is 10th Class or its equivalent qualification from a recognized university.

The duration of this course would be 2 years and this can be done after completion of 12th class or 10th Class.

As you are done with 12th Class, I can say that you are eligible to apply for pursuing this course. If candidate is from 12th Class background then he/she has to complete 12th Class with Physics, Biology and Chemistry subjects with minimum 45% marks.

After successful completion of this course, you may find employment opportunities in Sun Pharma, Amway, Ranbaxy,..etc., as Scan Technicians, Dental Mechanics, Operation Theater Technicians, MRI Technicians..etc., You find employment opportunities in areas like Clinics, Biotechnology labs, Hospitals..etc.,
12th February 2018, 10:54 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am 12th passed student with Science stream and now want to study Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology course. Please give me details about this course?

Candidates who have completed 10+2 with Physics, Chemistry and Biology subjects with a minimum of 45% marks are eligible to study the Diploma in Medical Laboratory Technology (DMLT) course. Duration of the course is two years. Candidates after completion of the DMLT course can work as Medical Lab Technicians, Technologists, Laboratory Assistants, etc. in various Government Hospitals, Private Hospitals, Medical Labs, Private Clinics, Medical Publishing Companies, Medical Content Writing, etc. The DMLT course is available in various colleges in India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?