23rd December 2015, 04:28 PM
Unregistered

Is diploma course equivalent to intermediate course or not?

I am complete diploma 3 yers in electrical eng. i want to apply form for upp pls sir bataiye. Is diploma course equivalent to intermediate course or not? Am I eligible to apply for the engineering course? Can someone please give me the information on the same?

Thank you!

23rd December 2015, 08:22 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is diploma course equivalent to intermediate course or not?

Diploma in electrical engineering is not equal to intermediate. It is more than class 12th qualification and it will allow you to get lateral entry admission which an intermediate candidate can't get.

So, if you want to get admission B.Tech lateral entry then it will be good for you because for other courses you will not be allowed admission if there is no lateral entry procedure.
24th December 2015, 06:16 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Diploma course is equivalent to Intermediate course because, both of these courses can be pursued after completion of your 10th standard. But, the Diploma course has more value when compared to 12th standard. Candidates who have completed 12th standard or three years Diploma course from a recognised board are eligible to pursue Engineering course. Since, you have completed three years Diploma course, you are eligible to apply for Engineering course and you can get direct admission in second year of four years Engineering course through Lateral Entry admission process.
28th December 2015, 09:03 PM
monikasiri

Yes Diploma is equivalent to Intermediate course.Actually,it is more than Intermediate.If any jobs or courses ask 12th as eligibility,then being a diploma certified is also eligible.Most of the government jobs ask 12th standard as eligibility.In such cases,you can also apply for them as diploma is equivalent and even more than Intermediate.
22nd February 2016, 06:33 PM
Unregistered

I have completed polytechnic diploma cource & i have not doing the 12 class in case any organisation offering the 12 stender so in case i am qualified or not
9th April 2016, 06:57 PM
Unregistered

Crop production &management is equal to intermediate my diploma course is two years plz Tel me
10th July 2016, 12:14 AM
Unregistered

Hello sir,
Is 3 year diploma in electronics engineering (polytechnic) equivalent to intermediate?
17th January 2017, 02:49 PM
Unregistered

Can a student of diploma in mechanical engineering is eligible to apply for vacancies in staff selection commission on the basis of 12th or equivalent.
24th June 2017, 06:48 PM
Unregistered

Is diploma equivalent to 2 or not . And I Wana get for BTC meritc ounselling.is siploma considered or we need any approval certificate.
2nd July 2017, 10:56 AM
Unregistered

Sir I am studying Diploma in Automobile course 3 years , after completion of course can I join in BSC degree.
23rd July 2017, 06:59 PM
Unregistered

I have completed Diploma in agricultural engineering.this is equal to intermediate or not?
24th July 2017, 02:19 PM
yogeshsharma3047
Senior Member+++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am complete diploma 3 yers in electrical eng. i want to apply form for upp pls sir bataiye. Is diploma course equivalent to intermediate course or not? Am I eligible to apply for the engineering course? Can someone please give me the information on the same?

Thank you!
Yes, diploma is equivalent to intermediate.As you want to apply for the engineering courses after diploma in electrical engineering you have to choose B.TECH course through lateral entry procedure.

>> You can also apply for any bachelors degree because minimum qualification required to apply for the bachelors is 12th and diploma is also equivalent to 12th.

>> If you want to apply for the B.TECH then the duration of course after diploma is 3 years which is divided into 6 semesters.

>> For getting admission in B.tech some collages offers direct admission of candidates and some take entrance test and candidates given admission on the bases of merit list announced.

I hope the information provided above is helpful for you.For further queries visit again.

GOOD LUCK.
6th September 2017, 11:27 PM
Unregistered

I am diploma electrical student but I am still working in School but recently untrained teachers have new web site thru Call trained teachers 2 years course I am eligible this course sir yes or no
14th September 2017, 12:20 AM
Member+

The diploma course is equivalent to intermediate as well as private and government sectors.
If you completed your diploma.. you have an two choices mainly ...
1. You are aligible for btech for higher education or else
BA , B.COM, B.ED ETC.
2. You are also try Govt jobs who require study as well as diploma and12th.
1st March 2019, 08:01 PM
Unregistered

After polytechnic diploma of 3 year can I eligible for admission in any stream like b.a, b.com, BCA, law, pharmacy?
11th October 2019, 09:47 AM
Unregistered

Is 2 years polytechnic diploma is equivalent to Intermediate? Please give G.O. Number
14th June 2021, 07:57 PM
Unregistered

After diploma in civil engineering,can I eligible to study law 5 yr course
14th June 2021, 08:00 PM
Unregistered

After diploma civil engineering,can I eligible for 5 yr law degree course in telangana
7th September 2022, 07:21 PM
Unregistered

Is a diploma in agriculture science (das) from the agriculture training institute for three years equal to the intermediate or not?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?