16th June 2015, 04:50 PM
Unregistered

Whether Lateral Entry Polytechnic Diploma is equivalent to Intermediate?

Hi,
I just want to confirm that is Lateral Entry
in Polytechnic Diploma is equivalent to Intermediate?
Kindly let me know immediately.
With Regards-

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure of lateral entry into B.Tech/B.E. for polytechnic passsout?
  2. Lateral entry to B.tech after Diploma or Direct entry through EAMCET: Better choice for doing B.Tech?
  3. Is Polytechnic diploma equivalent to intermediate?
  4. Lateral entry admission in diploma polytechnic in up and delhi -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Institutes for Lateral entry admission in diploma polytechnic in Uttar Pradesh?
  6. Is there a lateral entry option available for Polytechnic Diploma Students in AIEEE B.Tech Colleges?
  7. Possibility to do ITI(Mechanical/Computer) after completing 12th Commerce?
  8. Whether 3 years Diploma program is equivalent to Lateral Entry Diploma program?
  9. Am I eligible for lateral entry after completing Kerala Polytechnic 3 years diploma
  10. Eligibility criteria for lateral entry in B.E(Mechanical Engineering)? What is the cutoff mark for lateral entry in B.E?
  11. Information about lateral entry exam after completing Diploma?
  12. Can I get admission in Lateral Entry Diploma in Civil Engineering course being a B.Sc(Maths) student?
  13. Procedure to get admission in Lateral Entry B.Tech course in AMU for Diploma in Engineering final year candidate?
  14. How to get lateral Entry in B.E courses who have passed diploma from outside Karnataka?
  15. What is the best choice for me after B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering?
  16. How to join lateral entry in B.Tech? I have completed diploma in electrical and electronics engineering from SRM Polytechnic college
  17. How to take admission in B.Tech(Lateral Entry)? I am pursuing Polytechnic III year
  18. Colleges which give lateral entry in B.Tech Biotechnology?
18th June 2015, 07:36 AM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Whether Lateral Entry Polytechnic Diploma is equivalent to Intermediate?

Yes, Polytechnic Diploma course and Intermediate courses are equivalent courses which can be pursued after completion of 10th standard. But, the value of Diploma course is more than the value of Intermediate course. Candidates who have completed Diploma course can find many job opportunities when compared to job opportunities available for candidates who have completed Intermediate course.
18th June 2015, 11:03 AM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

Default Re: Whether Lateral Entry Polytechnic Diploma is equivalent to Intermediate?

Yes the polytechnic diploma is equivalent to intermediate, if you done complete with your class 10th then you have also completed your intermediate. Now you can directly apply for the graduation in B.Sc or any other field.
18th June 2015, 01:49 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Polytechnic and Intermediate are different courses, they cannot be considered as equivalent, because in diploma course, students will gain practical knowledge on some Engineering subjects, which are related to their branch, but, in Intermediate students will learn only some subjects like Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry, Biology, etc. The syllabus and course structure of both is different, but, both diploma students and Intermediate students with PCB subjects are eligible to join in Engineering course.
19th June 2015, 12:34 AM
harishydv
Senior Member+

Difference Between Diploma and Intermediate:

* Eligibility for both the Intermediate and diploma is same, the candidate must have completed his/her 10th with minimum of 40%.

* In diploma courses the candidate will get to know about the things practically. He/She will get more practical knowledge on subjects.

* In Intermediate, the candidate will get more theoretical knowledge and get grip on mathematics subjects.

* After completing the diploma in Engineering then candidate can join in B.Tech 2nd year directly. But after 2nd year of Intermediate candidate should have to study B.Tech from 1st year on wards.

* If you are willing to study engineering, it is better to study diploma in engineering. Otherwise you can go for intermediate in which you are interested.
19th June 2015, 11:19 AM
rrooxx

Yes lateral entry diploma and intermediate are equivalent.but the diploma is best as compare to intermediate because it has more opportunity or chances for getting well job.
5th February 2016, 06:54 PM
Unregistered

After 10 class 3 year diploma in engineering is equivalent 12 class or not.sir please reaply.
29th June 2019, 05:23 PM
Unregistered

Can i join directly to 2nd year btech after completing lateral entry diploma in government polytechnic college.can I write lateral entry test to btech.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?