20th November 2015, 02:03 PM
Pradeepkumarpradhan

Is Diploma equivalent to 12th or not?

Sir I am completed diploma in lateral entry after I.T.i .But I confused diploma is equivalent to 12th yes or no.Because any requirement is required qualifications are 12th or its equivalent.so plz tell me about this topic of diploma is equivalent to 12th yes or no.explain.

20th November 2015, 07:45 PM
maakaladla

Default Re: Is Diploma equivalent to 12th or not?

No,Diploma is not equivalent to 12th exam in many cases like Diploma in pharmacy.
If you can complete the Diploma in pharmacy you can get job in various field which can not achieve after passed 12th exam.
So in my point diploma is the plus point after passing 12th to get nearest to our dream job.
Diploma holder has a much more chance to select in the Interview based on any Job criteria rather than 12h candidates.
21st November 2015, 12:18 AM
BHANBHORI
Senior Member+++++

No, diploma after 10th is not considered equivalent to 12th standard. but there is clearly mentioned in some entrance exams that diploma is equivalent to 12th. So in that form you can apply with your diploma, otherwise you can n't apply for the 12th jobs.

You will not be allowed to sit for the JEE Main and Advanced Examinations after diploma but same is possible with 12th.
21st November 2015, 09:31 PM
Suraj Singh 7494

Every course has its own specification. Like if you are done your intermediate with science subjects than it is despite from the intermediate done with arts subjects. Both these cases are different, like also if you are a diploma holder than it is bigger achievement than intermediate, because there are also some posts which are applicable for the diploma holders but not for the intermediate candidates. So 12th and Diploma are not the same thing at all the time.
22nd November 2015, 11:10 PM
anuradha1985

No those are not same but many times when we apply for any job or course they consider these course as equivalent.

Specially Government jobs always ask for either diploma or 12th pass but it is fix for some post and otherwise these are different things
28th February 2017, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir I am completed in ITI electronics (NCVT Certificate - 2 year) and Diploma in electronics (3 year Course)after pre-degree, but my PDC Mark-list is missing. Please explain diploma and ITI are equivalent to PDC or Plus 2 .Sir Iam applied for ticketing Staff for kochi metro.I hope detailed explanation.
12th August 2017, 06:43 PM
Unregistered

Sir, I had done my Diploma in Pharmacy in the year 1990 after matriculation. Thereafter I joined army and had just retired after a service of 22 yrs. At present I am trying for a govt job as a pharmacist. But the problem is this that according to the latest recruitment rule, the candidate should have passed 12th with PCB or equivalent with diploma in pharmacy. My question is that - Is diploma in pharmacy itself equivalent yo 12th science ?
24th September 2017, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

Hi, i did 10th and then 3 year of diploma in footwear technology from FDDI, Noida and subsequently i did my graduation (stating 2nd year of my diploma course)
Please suggest whether I'm eligible for MBA, which requires 10+2+3
24th September 2017, 08:04 PM
Unregistered

sir, I am a matric teacher. my school announced nios. I cant study 12th. my qualification is 10th and then diploma and then do B.E.in nios have the qualification of 12th.whether 12th is equivalent to diploma?.
6th May 2018, 04:17 PM
Unregistered

Is Polytechnic Diploma can give jee main or advance and can get admission like 12th students...?
23rd May 2018, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

Hi sir I am completed my 10 and diploma in cs but my father company when I am going to register as a son employe they people want 12 pass so can I consider my diploma as a 12
26th May 2018, 12:41 AM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed diploma in agriculture and I also completed open inter. I wrote bhu exam so it needs 12th qualification...is diploma in ag eqal go 12th please response
18th November 2018, 02:13 PM
Unregistered

Sir I have completed diploma in mechanical after 10th. I want to join law. Is it possible??
30th January 2020, 07:36 PM
Unregistered

Is there any computer course which can allow me to join any degree course in india. Or any computer course which is eqavailent to 12th standard in india
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?