12th April 2016, 03:16 AM
Unregistered

Eligibility to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering for a candidate with 63% in 10th CBSE?

Hello Everyone,
I have finished my 10th from CBSE Board and I have scored 63%. I don’t want to study Higher Secondary. Instead of HS I want to do Diploma course. I have an interest in Mechanical Engineering. So, I am eligible to apply for Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering?

Related Questions:
  1. Should I study Diploma Mechanical course being a 10th candidate?
  2. Admission procedure to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering for a candidate who has secured 45% in 10th?
  3. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. What should I do to get admission for doing diploma in mechanical engineering after completion of 10th in CBSE board?
  5. Am I eligible to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering being a 10th student? List of colleges in Mumbai?
  6. How many years will it take to complete polytechnic course after passing 10+2?
  7. List of diploma courses after 10th? Details about diploma in Astronomy?
  8. Can I apply in WB-TET if completed Mechanical Engineering Diploma course? Eligibility to study D.Ed course for same candidate?
  9. Which group should I take in diploma after completing 10th with 9.5 grades?
  10. Best course after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering to get good placement with high salary?
  11. Is the student eligible to do diploma course after completion of 10th through CCE system in CBSE board?
  12. Eligibility to study Civil Engineering Diploma course in Mumbai for a candidate who has secured 39.48% in 10th?
  13. How can I study Aeronautical after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  14. Eligibility to study Marine Engineering Diploma course for 10th BSEB candidate?
  15. Possibility to study Civil Engineering Diploma course if completed 10th CBSE about 5 years ago?
  16. Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  17. How can I get admission to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering in any Government affiliated college?
  18. Eligibility to study abroad after diploma in Mechanical engineering?
13th April 2016, 08:42 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering for a candidate with 63% in 10th CBSE?

Yes, definitely you are eligible to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of your 10th standard with an aggregate of 63% marks from CBSE Board. Candidates who have passed 10th standard with minimum aggregate of 35% marks from any recognised board are eligible to pursue Diploma course. Some colleges offer admission in Diploma course by considering candidate's 10th standard board examination marks whereas some colleges conducts an entrance examination and offer admission to merit candidates of the entrance examination. Since, you have passed 10th standard from CBSE Board, you are eligible to study Diploma course.
13th April 2016, 11:08 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Eligibility to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering for a candidate with 63% in 10th CBSE?

If you are interested to pursue diploma in mechanical engineering than you have to appear in the entrance exam conducted by the University where you want to take admission. Admission is given on the basis of rank in the merit list. You must have passed your 10th with minimum of 50%marks and 45% for reserved categories.
13th April 2016, 11:27 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Most of the candidates who have passed 10th standard confuse which course to opt Higher Secondary course or Diploma course. You can opt any course based on your interest.

Candidates who have studied and qualified 10th standard are eligible to get admission for pursuing Diploma Mechanical Engineering course.

Since, you have passed 10th standard from CBSE Board, you are eligible to study Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course.
14th April 2016, 12:53 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hello Everyone,
I have finished my 10th from CBSE Board and I have scored 63%. I don’t want to study Higher Secondary. Instead of HS I want to do Diploma course. I have an interest in Mechanical Engineering. So, I am eligible to apply for Diploma course in Mechanical Engineering?
The aspirant is eligible to study the Diploma in Mechanical Engineering course after 10th with 63% from CBSE. The aspirant has to appear for the common entrance examination conducted by the state government for the admission to the Diploma courses. It is a common entrance examination for all the diploma courses. There will be counseling for the admission to the diploma course. So you have to apply to the entrance examination and clear the same to get a seat in polytechnic colleges in your state.
15th April 2016, 12:53 AM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

I am happy to say you that you can definitely pursue Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after the completion of class 10th.

Below I have mentioned the eligibility criteria for doing Diploma courses, just have a look over it.

Eligibility criteria to do Diploma courses:-

Candidates must have completed class 10th from a recognized Board.
Candidates must have scored minimum of 50% of marks in class 10th.
Candidates must have passed in all the compulsory subjects.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?