5th November 2014, 07:00 PM
Unregistered

In which entrance exam I have to appear for admission in Astronomy UG program after completing Diploma in E&TC? Eligibility criteria and tips for preparation?

Hello
I am studying in diploma in electronics and telecommunication. I want to do a ug course in astronomy. So, what exam has to be given for doing ug in astronomy? What preparation has to be done for it and what is the elegibility criteria for it ? Please guide me.

Related Questions:
  1. Possibility to get admission in Ph.D(Astronomy) programme for M.Sc(Astronomy) student? In which entrance exam I have to appear?
  2. Are there any entrance exams to be answered to get admission to Raman Instutute? Eligibility criteria of the courses? Colleges providing Astronomy course?
  3. Which are the entrance tests related to Astronomy or Astrophysics? Is there any online Astronomy class?
  4. Eligiblity criteria and universities offering Diploma in Astronomy Science with fee structure for BCA student?
  5. How to take admission in engineering college after completing diploma?
  6. What is the eligibility criteria for MSc in Astrophysics and Astronomy
  7. How to do MBA after passing 12th science?
  8. What is good for me after BSc in Astronomy? What is the eligibility?
  9. What is the requirement for Astronomy after completing 12th? What is the scope?
  10. How to get admission in IIT program after completing diploma in chemical engineering?
  11. Is it possible to do law after B.Com? What should I do in Law?
  12. Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  13. What should I do to become an Astronaut after passing B.Tech IT from Mumbai University? Is there any masters program that connects IT and Astronomy?
  14. Can we do MCA after having computers commerce?
  15. MCA program eligibility in JNU, BHU, DU for Diploma Holders (3 years) in Software Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. Eligibility criteria for doing diploma after engineering? Is there any entrance exam? What is the procedure to apply?
  17. After M.Sc can I apply for PhD in any other University or Mumbai University?
  18. Eligibility criteria for admission in BITS Mesra MBA program/
11th April 2023, 04:55 PM
SidhuMoosewala

Default Re: In which entrance exam I have to appear for admission in Astronomy UG program after completing Diploma in E&TC? Eligibility criteria and tips for preparation?

Okay, here are some guidelines for pursuing an undergraduate degree in astronomy:

Exams required: The main exam you will need to clear is 10+2 with physics, mathematics and chemistry as subjects. Some astronomy colleges may have additional entrance exams as well. So you will need to check with the colleges you are interested in to see if they conduct any entrance test for admission.

Preparation required: For 10+2 and possible entrance exams, you will need to prepare the following subjects thoroughly:

• Physics: Mechanics, Waves, Optics, Electromagnetism, etc. Astronomy concepts build upon basic physics principles.
• Mathematics: Calculus, Algebra, Geometry, Trigonometry, Coordinate Geometry, etc. Astronomical calculations involve complex math.
• Chemistry: Basic concepts of structures of atoms, periodic table, chemical bonds, etc. Chemistry is relevant for understanding planetary atmospheres and compositions.
• General Awareness: Current affairs, Indian culture and geography. Some astronomy entrance exams may have questions from these areas.

Eligibility criteria: The typical eligibility criteria for undergraduate astronomy programs are:

• 10+2 or equivalent exam with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as subjects. Usually a minimum 60% aggregate is required.
• Some colleges may have a minimum cut-off percentage in Physics and Math. So check the colleges you want to apply to.
• Entrance exam score (if conducted by the college). Most colleges consider your 10+2 score and entrance score together for admitting you.
• Domicile requirement: Some colleges may reserve seats or offer concessions for candidates from the same state/region.
• Category criteria: As per government reservation policies like SC/ST quota, OBC quota, etc. Meticulous documentation is required to avail quotas.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?