10th February 2016, 12:47 PM
Unregistered

Entrance exams available to study B.Tech in IIT for Diploma Civil holder?

Hello Sir,
I have completed my Diploma in Civil Engineering. So which entrance exams I will have to appear for doing B.Tech in IIT? Kindly tell me about this asap.

11th February 2016, 05:52 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Entrance exams available to study B.Tech in IIT for Diploma Civil holder?

Sorry, to say that Diploma holders are not eligible to get admission in IIT for pursuing B.Tech course because IIT's does not offer Lateral Entry admissions in B.E/B.Tech course. Candidates who have completed 12th standard with Non-Medical Science stream and those who have appeared, qualified and secured top rank in JEE Main and Advanced examination are eligible to get admission in IIT. Being a Diploma holder, you get lateral entry admission in second year of B.E/B.Tech course in any other top colleges by appearing and qualifying in ECET/JELET/LEET examination.
12th February 2016, 12:27 AM
Jitu369

Default Re: Entrance exams available to study B.Tech in IIT for Diploma Civil holder?

Hello, let me clear you first that diploma holders with any stream are not eligible for B.Tech in IIT.

Joint Entrance Examination (JEE) is entrace examination conducted by IIT for engineering admission. But this exam is only made for 10+2 or its equivalent examination with PCM. There is no any provision made for diploma holders in eligibitity criteria of JEE. Also IIT doesn't offers lateral entry admissions.

So, sorry but you will not get admission for B.Tech in IIT. You can apply for LEET & join B.Tech by lateral entry in other universities except IIT & NIT.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?