10th February 2016, 12:57 PM
Unregistered

Which is better way to study Mechanical Engineering among 12th Science and Diploma?

Hi,
Myself Tanmay Bhattacharya and I would like to know about Mechanical Engineering course. Kindly tell me which will be the suitable for me to do Mechanical Engineering, whether to go after 12th Science or directly through Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?

Related Questions:
11th February 2016, 05:45 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better way to study Mechanical Engineering among 12th Science and Diploma?

Diploma in mechanical engineering is for those who want to start doing job at a young age in a engineering company. If your aim is to do B.Tech then you should go for 12th science because top colleges give admission through JEE Main for which diploma holders are not eligible.

Hence, it totally depends on your choice and you have to make your own decision according to requirement. Diploma holders are not eligible for IITs and NITs because lateral entry admission is not available.
11th February 2016, 05:56 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Which is better way to study Mechanical Engineering among 12th Science and Diploma?

You can do Mechanical Engineering as you wish i.e., after completion of your 12th standard or three years Diploma course. The difference between Mechanical Engineering after 12th standard and Diploma course is that the candidates who have completed three years Diploma course can get direct admission in second year of four years B.E/B.Tech course. I suggest you to pursue Diploma course for pursuing Mechanical Engineering course because Diploma course has high value and you can find many job opportunities when compared to 12th standard.
12th February 2016, 12:22 AM
Jitu369

Mechanical engineering is one of the oldest and professional engineering stream. Generally mechanical engineers have to work in design, production & quality control department. There is good job opportunities after mechanical engineering such as in railway, defense or in PSU's like BHEL, L&T, Mahindra etc.

If you have interest in mechanical engineering then you can go for diploma in mechanical engineering & then you can do B.Tech in mechanical engineering. Because in diploma, all basic concepts related to mechanical engineering will be covered & also you will become familiar with your stream.

But if you still not sure with your decision, then you can join B.Tech in mechanical engineering after 12th science. Because after 12th more career options are available.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?