25th March 2016, 04:19 PM
Unregistered

Is Maths compulsory to study in 12th class for appearing in AIMCET?

I am nithin pursuing bca from udaipur. I want to appear for the aimcet entrance examination 2016. I have not studied mathematics as a main subject in class 12th. So tell me if it is compulsory to study Mathematics in 12th?

25th March 2016, 11:09 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is Maths compulsory to study in 12th class for appearing in AIMCET?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am nithin pursuing bca from udaipur. I want to appear for the aimcet entrance examination 2016. I have not studied mathematics as a main subject in class 12th. So tell me if it is compulsory to study Mathematics in 12th?
Yes, final year of BCA degree candidates are eligible for NIMCET exam.

AIMCET stands for ALL INDIA MCA COMMON ENTRANCE TEST.

Those who have completed graduation degree from a recognized university are eligible for AIMCET exam, but Mathematics subject is compulsory in your throughput studies.
26th March 2016, 01:14 AM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, having studied maths at your +2 level is mandatory in order to be eligible for AIMCET examination as it is the minimum criteria.

Therefore, if you have not studied mathematics at your +2 level, therefore, I am sorry to say that you cannot appear for the examination mentioned above.
26th March 2016, 12:59 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Yes, Maths is compulsory to study in 12th class or at graduation level for appearing in AIMCET.

AIMCET stands for All India MCA Common Entrance Test.

The test is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology, Roorkee on behalf of the Human Resource Ministry of Government of India for admission to MCA program.

Eligibility Criteria for AIMCET entrance exam :-

-The candidate must have passed Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university.Final year students can also apply for the exam on the condition that they have to provide all the related documents at the time of admission.

-The candidate must have studied Mathematics at 10+2 level or the graduation level.

-The candidate age should be in between 18 years to 23 years.

For more details, one can login to the official website i.e. http://www.iitr.ac.in.
26th March 2016, 11:21 PM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, Mathematics is compulsory to study in 12th class for appearing AIMCET. AIMCET is the All India MCA Common Entrance Test for the purpose of providing admission to the deserving candidate in MCA. The eligibility to appear for the examination is that the candidates must have studied Mathematics in the 12th class and should have done graduation in any stream (Mathematics is one of the subjects). The website link is Official website
26th March 2016, 11:58 PM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Yes, of course it is mandatory that you must complete 12th standard with Mathematics subject to be eligible for AIMCET. The minimum eligibility criteria need to apply for AIMCET is 12th standard with Mathematics from recognized board and complete Bachelor Degree with Mathematics subject from a recognized university.

Please, refer the official website for more Information - http://www.iitr.ac.in
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?