6th December 2014, 04:21 PM
Unregistered

Mechanical or Electronics, which is favourable for Diploma in Engineering?

Hello
I want to do diploma in engineering
but I am a bit confused about which branch to go for.
Shall I go for mechanical or electronics
and communication engineering?

7th December 2014, 05:05 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Mechanical or Electronics, which is favourable for Diploma in Engineering?

The selection of a branch for pursuing your higher studies depends upon your Interest. But, I will provide you all the details regarding both ECE and Mechanical engineering courses, then, you can find which is favourable to you and you can pursue your Diploma in Engineering in the same branch.

Electronics and Communication Engineering :-
This course is entirely related to electronics and communications. In this course, you can learn about circuit designing, signals, analog and digital communications, electronic device circuits and pulse digital circuits, etc. Most of the students choose this branch in B.Tech course. You can find many job opportunities after completion of this course. But, the competition will be very high compared to other branches.

Mechanical Engineering :-
This course is entirely related to Mechanical field. In this course, you can learn about Machines working, operation, principles, etc. Mechanical Engineering is the evergreen branch in Engineering course. Because, after completion of Mechanical Engineering with good percentage, you can find many job opportunities in both Government and Private Sectors.

I think you have understood about these two branches in detail. Now, you can decide which branch is suitable to you and pursue Diploma in Engineering course in the branch in which you are interested.
8th December 2014, 06:54 PM
soumyasecret

Default Re: Mechanical or Electronics, which is favourable for Diploma in Engineering?

Diploma can be interpreted as an intermediate engineering course in which basic application of engineering science is taught. So that students can be able to work in any company without going through the details of engineering science.

If you want to go for job directly after the Diploma course then it is better to opt for Mechanical engineering as many companies such as TATA Steel, TATA motors, Mahindra and other steel plants and automobile companies recruit more Diploma employees. And there is also opportunity of promotion in Mechanical field as you can gain knowledge by experience whereas you cannot gain much knowledge in Electronics and Communication field where a strong hold of electronics and communication fundamentals are required.

If you want to go for B.Tech. after Diploma then I will suggest you to go for Electronics and Communication Engineering as you will have a wider scope in terms of companies as well as higher studies.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?