25th July 2014, 07:12 PM
Unregistered

Diploma holders can get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech at IIT?

hii i am pursuring as a student of diploma in electronics nand communication.and i am itrested to take admission in second year B.tech in I.I.T. am i eligible to take it after completing my diploma? and if yes so,there any type pf enterence exam or onterviews are needed?

Related Questions:
  1. Do Diploma holders get admission directly to 2nd year? Is it true that there is no entrance exam for diploma holders?
  2. Procedure for taking admission in btech in punjabi university 2nd year for diploma holders?
  3. Does IIT Bhubaneshwar provide facility of Lateral entry for diploma holders into 2nd year Civil branch?
  4. lateral admission in btech in civil Engineering after diploma? -- [Most Discussed]
  5. Can I go for 2nd year of IIT JEE college after passing my diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  6. Diploma holders can get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech at IIT? -- [New]
  7. Is there any opportunity for diploma holder to take admission in 2nd year? I have completed diploma course
  8. Best colleges which allow entry for Diploma Holders in 2nd year B.Tech?
  9. Can I get admission in IIT college for B.Tech 2nd year after completing my diploma in computer engineering
  10. Admission in 2nd year of engineering after Diploma in Printing Technology?
  11. Criteria for diploma holders to be eligible in IIT? Is there a separate entrance test for diploma holders?
  12. How to join a good engineering college after backlog in 1st and 2nd semester in Polytechnic?
  13. Can diploma pass out student get admission in IIT directly in second year?
  14. Can diploma holders get direct admission in B.E 2nd year? Which subjects will I have to study in 3rd year? What is the fees for it?
  15. How can a diploma(Mechanical Engineer) graduate take admission(in 2nd year) in IIT colleges?
  16. Duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma Holders?
  17. Last year cutoff for direct admission in 2nd year for diploma holders at GCOE, Amravati
  18. Last year cutoff for direct admission in 2nd year for diploma holders in GCOE, Amravati?
11th November 2014, 07:59 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Diploma holders can get admission in 2nd year of B.Tech at IIT?

No, the Diploma holders are not eligible to get admission in second year of B.Tech at IIT / NIT's because these institutes does not offer admissions through Lateral Entry process. To get admission in IIT / NIT's, you must have completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and you must appear and qualify in JEE Main and JEE Advance examination to get admission in IIT / NIT's. But, you can get admission in second year of B.Tech in other colleges / universities by appearing for the Lateral Entry Entrance Test (LEET). After qualifying the LEET examination, based on your entrance examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college. By qualifying LEET examination, you can directly get admission in second year of four years B.Tech course.
12th November 2014, 01:08 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Yes, diploma holders can get admission in the second year of engineering of B.Tech course in IITs. According to the latest notification from AICTE, the year of qualifying exam (10+2) will be extended. Eg:- for 2014 JEE, a diploma candidate is eligible if he/she has done 10+2 in 2011, 2012 or 2013. Otherwise he/she has to go by lateral entry scheme for which JEE is not required.
16th April 2015, 02:26 PM
Unregistered

Procedure for taking admission in btech in Delhi Technological University 2nd year for diploma holders?
17th April 2015, 06:28 PM
MECHANICAL POWER

No, Diploma holder are not eligible to get admission in IIT.
Only a student who passed 12th with PCM with minimum 60% marks are eligible to get admission in IIT after qualifying in IIT(advance ) exam.
But you can get admission in 2nd year B.E or B.Tech course of state level engineering college through Lateral Entry.
So, take some preparation of Lateral Entry and score good rank to get admission in State level Government Engineering college.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?