25th January 2015, 09:19 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to get seat in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical?

Dear Sir/Mam,

Now i am studying in 2nd year diploma mechanical in karnataka state recognised institute. can i get in to the iit after completing diploma 3rd year.what is the procedure.please replye me

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in IIT or any top mechanical college in India after completing mechanical engineering diploma?
  2. Can I get admission in IITs after completing diploma in mechanical engineering
  3. Can I get admission in IIT after completing diploma in polytechnic mechanical
  4. Can I get admission in IIT college after completing diploma in mechanical? I am studying diploma in governmet polytechnic Karad
  5. What can be done after completing diploma in Mechanical engineering? What if I didn't get an engineering seat?
  6. Is it possible to pursue degree course in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering on 10th basis? Eligibility criteria and procedure to get admission?
  7. Can I join IIT after completing my Diploma?
  8. Is it a right decision to go for PG diploma in Mechanical after completing diploma mechanical?
  9. Mechanical engineering in IIT after diploma in mechanical engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Can I get admission for IIT college after completing diploma in mechanical engineering on the basis of 10th standard
  11. Am I eligible for IIT JEE after completing my diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  12. Which courses would be necessary to join B.Tech 2nd year?
  13. Can I get admission for IIT after completing diploma in mechanical engineering course?
  14. Can I get a seat in IIT after finishing diploma in Tool Die
  15. Can I get direct admission in IIT college after completing diploma?
  16. How to get a seat in IIT as a mechanical student?
  17. What is the criteria for getting admission in IIT Mechanical after completing diploma from SSGP college?
  18. How to get admission for IIT after completing diploma in mechanical?
26th January 2015, 03:07 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to get seat in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical?

No, you cannot get admission in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course because IIT's does not offer lateral entry admissions in B.Tech course. Only candidates who have completed 12th standard or equivalent with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board and who have score top rank in JEE examination are eligible to get admission in IIT. Since, you are a Diploma student, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of your three years Diploma course.
26th January 2015, 11:42 PM
anair

Default Re: Is it possible to get seat in IIT after completing Diploma in Mechanical?

Yes you are certainly eligible for a lateral entry seat in IIT. You do not have to sit for the JEE exam which is for 12th passed candidates.
This applies for all the students who competed their diploma course from a State Board of Technical Education which you already have. But you should make sure you have a minimum score of 45 % in your diploma otherwise you are not eligible for the program.
28th April 2015, 12:00 AM
Unregistered

can i get set in iit after completing of diploma in mechanical? some of them are saying u are eligible and some of them are saying that we are not eligible which is the right answer if this question rply me !
28th April 2015, 08:46 AM
Sam James

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Dear Sir/Mam,

Now i am studying in 2nd year diploma mechanical in karnataka state recognised institute. can i get in to the iit after completing diploma 3rd year.what is the procedure.please replye me
No, IIT admission is based n IITJEE - joint entrance exam. The basic eligibility for writing IITJEE is 12th. If you have studied 12th then you may apply for IIITJEE with that mark. But care should be taken that there is a maximum age barrier for applying and number of appearances. Diploma will not be considered although it will be an added asset for your course.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?