10th September 2015, 12:02 PM
Unregistered

Should I have to appear in JEE Main to study Diploma in Architecture course?

Dear Friends,
I want to study Diploma in Architecture. I have got 87.5% in 10th but I want to know that I have to appear in entrance exam which is JEE Main?

Related Questions:
  1. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study in IIST? How much I should try to get in through JEE Main?
  2. Diploma in Architecture is possible for 12th student? Whether a 3 years Architecture Diploma holder is eligible to study B.Arch?
  3. Syllabus, suitable books for preparation and qualifying marks in JEE Main for Gujarati student?
  4. Am I eligible to study Diploma in Architecture if completed 10th? Benefits of study Diploma in Architecture?
  5. Can I get admission in diploma in Architecture programme after completing 10th standard? Scope and colleges for diploma in Architecture course? Chances to study higher education after diploma?
  6. Can I give JEE Main next year if appear in Maths compartmental?
  7. Which colleges can I gain admission in by virtue of my JEE Main B.Arch score without taking NATA?
  8. Procedure to study Diploma in Architecture for 10th student?
  9. Can i do diploma of Architecture after passing 10th? I have passed 10th with 61%
  10. Am I eligible to study Diploma in Architecture after completing 10th NIOS?
  11. Does the diploma holders those who don't have XII qualification can appear in JEE for lateral entry in B.Tech?
  12. What should I study after completing Diploma in Architecture?
  13. Am I eligible to study B.Tech without appearing JEE Main?
  14. Which study center should I join to prepare for JEE (Main + advanced)?
  15. Possibility to apply in JEE Main & Advanced for a candidate who has appear JEE Main twice?
  16. Am I eligible to study Architecture Diploma course if failed 3 times in 12th?
  17. Am I eligible to apply for JEE main exams after completion of Diploma course? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. Cutoff marks required in JEE Main to study B.Arch course?
11th September 2015, 06:50 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in JEE Main to study Diploma in Architecture course?

No, JEE main is for B.Arch and if you want admission in D.Arch then you have to appear for polytechnic entrance exams which are conducted in state level by technical directorate.

10th is the minimum qualification which is required and you have it so no problem for you. Just be prepared for the entrance exam and try to get an excellent rank.
11th September 2015, 11:59 PM
shrivastava_aman
Senior Member+++

Default Re: Should I have to appear in JEE Main to study Diploma in Architecture course?

No, it is not necessary.

JEE is necessity for the admission in IITs or the NITs only.

For other tier 2 and tier 3 colleges, you need to fight NATA.

NATA stands for the National Aptitude Test for Architecture.

Various colleges other than the IITs and NITs offer the B. Arch. through this test.

It is conducted from April to June every year and the forms are sold out in the month of February to April.

For the admission a common merit list is prepared by based on the marks obtained by them in the test and the marks in 12th.

The weightage of the marks is 50-50 for both and the students are called for the counselling through which they get the colleges.
19th September 2015, 09:26 PM
DSP@1

There is no need to appear for JEE Mains to study Diploma in Architecture.

JEE Mains Paper-II will be conducted for the students who have completed 12th standard in MPC stream to get admission into the Bachelor of Architecture stream in IIT/NIT.

As you want to do Diploma in Architecture you have to complete your 12th standard in MPC(Mathematics,Physics and Chemistry) stream.

Then only you will be eligible for Diploma in Architecture.

As you have done 12th standard in MPC you also apply for JEE Mains.

If you qualify in this test then you will have a opportunity to do Bachelor of Architecture in one of the most reputed colleges of India.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?