7th May 2015, 09:15 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to apply for JEE main exams after completion of Diploma course?

Am I eligible to apply for JEE main exams after completion of Diploma course? What is the minimum criteria asked for giving the JEE main exams? Can someone please provide me the complete information on the same soon? I am waiting to hear now.

7th May 2015, 12:58 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for JEE main exams after completion of Diploma course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Am I eligible to apply for JEE main exams after completion of Diploma course? What is the minimum criteria asked for giving the JEE main exams? Can someone please provide me the complete information on the same soon? I am waiting to hear now.
As per educational qualification, you are eligible for JEE Mains exam.

If you have completed 12th standard from a recognized board with physics, chemistry and mathematics with above 50% marks then you are eligible for JEE Mains exam. 5% marks relaxation is provided for SC/ST category candidates.

Your age should be in between 17 to 25 years.
7th May 2015, 04:32 PM
pjgp

Default Re: Am I eligible to apply for JEE main exams after completion of Diploma course?

Sorry friend,
You are not eligible to attend to JEE mains examination if you study diploma.The students who complete their intermediate in the MPC i.e Maths,physics and chemistry they are only eligible for attending JEE Mains examination.
There is a chance for you to become a IITians by completing your B.Tech from recognised university.
Apply for GATE examination and get a good rank then you will be eligible to study in IIT.
All the best
7th May 2015, 06:29 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

I am sorry to say that you cannot appear for JEE(Main & Advanced) examination after completion of your Diploma course as the minimum educational qualification required to appear in JEE(Main & Advanced) examination is that a candidate should have completed his/her +2 or equivalent from a recognised board.

So, in your case I regret to say that you are not eligible for JEE(Main) examination.
7th May 2015, 07:39 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

No, you are not eligible to apply for JEE Main examination after completion of your three years Diploma course. Only candidates who had completed 12th standard with Mathematics, Physics and Chemistry subjects from a recognised board are eligible to appear in JEE Main examination. Even if you apply for JEE Main examination as a Diploma holder, your marks and score will not be released. So, we can say that Diploma holders are not eligible to apply for JEE Main examination.
7th May 2015, 07:47 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

According to JEE notification Diploma holders are not eligible for it because there is no lateral entry admission procedure in JEE Mains and Advanced. Also, most of the institutes like IITs and NITs don't offer lateral entry admission which is the main reason for not being eligible.

Hence, if you want to get admission in a Engineering degree then you have to appear for any lateral entry entrance exam which is mainly conducted at state level like JELET, UPSEE, etc. For JEE only candidates who have studied 10+2 pattern are eligible to apply.
7th May 2015, 09:46 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

What is the Eligibility for Diploma Students in JEE Main Exams ?

Yes, to appear in JEE (Advanced) a you can apply in JEE Main but your and score for JEE (Main) will not be declared as you cannot apply for admission in National Institute of Technologies (NITs) and CFTIs through JEE (Main) Channel.

Click here for More Details (Look at 4th Point in PDF)

JEE Main 2015 Eligibility Criteria:

>> Candidates who have passed their 12th Class or any equivalent qualifying Exam in 2013 or 2014.
(Or)
>> Those who are appearing in their 12th Class or any equivalent qualifying Exam in 2015 are eligible to appear in JEE (Main) 2015 Exam.

>> Candidates who passed their 12th Class or its equivalent educational qualification in 2012 or before as well as those who will appear in such examination in 2016 or later are not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2015 Exam.
7th May 2015, 10:38 PM
taherrocks
Senior Member+

In order to give your JEE main examination you should have completed 12th with science stream with minimum 50% and above then only you would be able to appear for JEE main examination and for JEE main exam diploma course is not required weather you are pursuing any diploma course or completed your diploma course.
24th September 2015, 06:48 AM
Unregistered

Here i am having a doubt that whether diploma students are eligible for jee mains and advance exam or not becoz some says yes and some says no ur are not eligible so plz say me soon as well as possible
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?