4th May 2016, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

What is the admission procedure followed to apply for degree after completion of diploma course?

i am in final year of Diploma in civil eng. from Gujarat. In this year complete my diploma program and after that I want to go for degree course so, would you please tell me the procedure to take admission for Diploma to degree engg in pune.

Related Questions:
  1. What is the procedure to follow to get admission for degree course after completion of diploma course?
  2. After diploma what should I take for admission in degree? Procedure for Diploma to Diploma admission?
  3. What is the procedure followed to get admission in degree from Pune after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  4. Can i do MSc IT after Diploma in same? What are the other options except B. Tech?
  5. Can I get admission in degree after completion of diploma in Maharashtra? -- [Most Discussed]
  6. What is the procedure to take admission for degree course after completing after diploma?
  7. What should I do next? Continue with diploma course or do a degree course?
  8. What is the procedure to follow to do degree after diploma?
  9. Whether Diploma in Electronics is equivalent to Degree to apply for Assistant Loco Pilot post in RRB?
  10. Experience required for admission into PGDHRM after diploma in EEE?
  11. What is the procedure followed to apply for AMIE after completion of diploma course 3 years with CS?
  12. How to apply for AMIE after completion of diploma with CS course?
  13. Is there any other thing I can do apart from degree after completion of diploma course?
  14. What is the procedure followed for getting admission in Engineering after completion of diploma with 81% marks?
  15. What is the procedure followed to apply for graduation course after completion of diploma in Ahmedabad?
  16. What is the procedure to apply for AMIE after completion of CS diploma for 3 years?
  17. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  18. Which course should I do after completing diploma in computer application?
5th May 2016, 08:28 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the admission procedure followed to apply for degree after completion of diploma course?

Procedure to go for degree course after diploma course completion :-

- Appear in LEET (Lateral Entry Entrance Test). LEET is conducted by each state as well as private universities.
- Aim to score well in LEET.
- Appear the counselling round of state institutions as well as private universities and get admission on the basis of your LEET rank.
5th May 2016, 05:49 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the admission procedure followed to apply for degree after completion of diploma course?

After completion of diploma course to get admission in the second year of Engineering Course you can appear in the Lateral Entry Entrance Exam. You must have at least 50% marks in diploma course to get admission in 2nd year of engineering course.
5th May 2016, 06:01 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your three years Diploma course in Civil Engineering, you can pursue your higher studies in Bachelor's degree courses like B.E or B.Tech. Diploma holders can get direct admission in second year of four years B.E/B.Tech course through Lateral Entry admission process by appearing and qualifying Lateral Entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board.
5th May 2016, 07:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for lateral entry exams like LEET, JELET or any other state level lateral entry exams according to your domicile. Admission will be on second year directly through entrance exam.

If you want to get admission in Gujarat then try for GUJCET which offers lateral entry admission in engineering degree courses.
5th May 2016, 08:45 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

You are in the final year of Diploma course in Civil Engineering discipline. After completion of diploma course you are interested to do B.E/ B.Tech course in this discipline in Pune.

>>Yes, definitely you can take admission in degree course through Lateral Entry scheme. Through this scheme you take admission directly in the second year of the degree course.

>>For admission you have to fill the application form of lateral entry scheme and then take the entrance test. You have to score good marks in the entrance test too to get the admission. Following are the list of good colleges in Pune which runs Lateral Entry scheme:

--College of Engineering, Pune

--MIT, Pune

>>So in my opinion you have to be in regular touch with their official website to get aware about the latest notification for the filling of online application for Lateral Entry scheme.
5th May 2016, 10:21 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

After the completion of your Diploma course, you need to appear in the Entrance examinations conducted by the different Universities such LEET, JELET examinations, qualifying in which you can take direct admission in the second year of the degree courses such as in B.Tech degree course in Civil Engineering. So, after completing Diploma you have to appear in the entrance examination to be eligible to take admission in degree course.
6th May 2016, 12:49 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
i am in final year of Diploma in civil eng. from Gujarat. In this year complete my diploma program and after that I want to go for degree course so, would you please tell me the procedure to take admission for Diploma to degree engg in pune.
The aspirant can join the B.E / B.Tech course after Diploma course through lateral entry i.e directly to the 2nd year of the course. The engineering colleges allocate 10% or 20% seats for the lateral entry (diploma holders). There will be an entrance examination in some states or colleges for the admission. The marks scored in the diploma will be considered for the admission. The course is also available in private colleges also. The allocation of seats will be done through state technical education board. There will be separate application form for the lateral entry course.
6th May 2016, 05:50 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

After completion of your Diploma if you wish to have a degree course, you will have to appear for LEET entrance examination as it is the gateway for diploma candidates to get admission in degree course. You will however get admission directly in the 2nd year of B.Tech course and thus thereafter can pursue your career ahead.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?