4th May 2016, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure followed to do B.Tech course from IIT after completion of diploma course?

My Name is Mohit I am now in diploma 2nd year .
I want to do b.tech from IIT college (Delhi) after diploma

Please tell me the procedure? I need to know what all steps we need to do. Hope that I will get the response soon on this. Please guide me with the complete information.

Related Questions:
  1. Procedure to take admission in IIT Delhi after completion of Diploma in Electrical engineering?
  2. What is the procedure followed to do B.Tech course from IIT after completion of diploma course? -- [New]
  3. Can I study B.Tech in IIT after completing Diploma course? Course duration of B.Tech in IIT for Diploma student?
  4. Is it really possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  5. What is the procedure followed to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
  6. What is the procedure followed to get admission in IIT B.Tech after completion of diploma in Mining engineering?
  7. Is it possible to join IIT after completion of 3 years diploma course from BTEUP?
  8. Am I eligible to apply for IIT after completion of diploma course?
  9. Process of getting admission in IITs after completing diploma?
  10. Procedure to study B.Tech in IIT for Diploma in ECE student?
  11. Can I get a seat in IIT after completion of Diploma in Mechanical?
  12. Am I eligible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma in civil engineering?
  13. What is the procedure to be followed for doing B.Tech after completion of diploma in Electronics and Telecommunication?
  14. Procedure to get admission in IIT Bombay after Diploma engineering? Score required in final semester?
  15. What is the procedure followed to get admission in B.Tech after completion of diploma course?
  16. How to join B.Tech course through Lateral Entry after completion of Diploma in Electronics and Communication Engineering? -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Diploma or IIT which is better for 12th passed candidate who have secured 85% marks?
  18. Is it possible to get admission in IIT after completion of diploma course?
5th May 2016, 03:36 PM
ranjan Ayush
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to do B.Tech course from IIT after completion of diploma course?

Sorry, you are not eligible to get admission in IIT for B.tech course after diploma course.

IIT is India's premier institute for technical courses and the admission in institution is offered only after qualifying both stages of Joint Entrance Examination.

The eligibility to appear for examination is candidate must have passed or pursuing 10+2 from PCM/PCB. So, you are not eligible for admission in IIT after diploma.
5th May 2016, 05:54 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the procedure followed to do B.Tech course from IIT after completion of diploma course?

To do B.Tech course from IIT after completion of your Diploma course, you must have to appear in JEE Main and Advanced examination. Your JEE Main examination marks and rank will not be considered for admission in NIT's but, you can get admission in IIT through JEE Advance examination. Candidates who have qualified and secured top 1,50,000 rank in JEE Main examination are eligible to appear in JEE Advanced examination. So, by qualifying JEE Advanced examination, you are eligible to get admission in B.Tech course in IIT.
5th May 2016, 07:09 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Diploma candidates are not eligible to pursue Bachelor's degree in technology from Indian Institute of Technology. Only those candidates who have done 10+2 from a recognized board with Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics as compulsory subjects are eligible to pursue Bachelor of Technology from IIT.

Diploma holders can apply for LEET examination or JEE Main examination for pursuing bachelor of technology from top reputed engineering colleges of India. For LEET exam, you must have 60% marks in diploma. Through JEE Main exam, you can get admission in NITs and other government engineering colleges.
5th May 2016, 07:29 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

B.Tech course from IIT for a diploma holders is possible through JEE Main and Advanced. You can't apply for lateral entry exams which offers second year admission in B.Tech course through JEE. Only first year admission will be possible for you in IITs.

In your case it is clear that you have diploma qualification and for JEE Main class 12th PCM is required. Hence, you can apply for IIT admission but you will not get benefit of lateral entry.
5th May 2016, 10:25 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

After completing the Diploma course, you have to appear in the JEE examination in order to be eligible for studying B.Tech from IIT.
You first have to appear in the JEE Main examination and if you qualify in the same then you will be eligible for appearing JEE Advanced, qualifying in which you can take admission in B.Tech course from IIT colleges.
5th May 2016, 10:54 PM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

You can not do Bachelor of Technology course from Indian Institute of Technology because diploma aspirants are not eligible for Joint Entrance Examination Advanced stage. You can apply for Joint Entrance Examination Main stage.

You should know that through JEE Main examination, admission in institutes like NIT, IIIT and other government engineering colleges is given. Candidates who qualify in JEE Main exam are eligible for JEE Advanced exam but diploma candidates are not eligible for JEE Advanced exam.
6th May 2016, 05:54 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

As IITs do not offer admission via Lateral entry scheme, you cannot get admission through LEET examination, however you might get admission in IIT to pursue your B.Tech course after scoring well in JEE(advanced) examination and that too from the beginning the course. So, I kindly suggest you to start working hard at the earliest and try to score well in your examination.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?