29th November 2015, 11:55 PM
Unregistered

What can I do after diploma in Electrical engineering?

Hi friends, I have studied in diploma final year in electrical engineer. What I can do next? Please advise me for my future. Thanking you. Would you please help me in this regard?

Related Questions:
  1. How can I go for degree in electrical engineering after diploma in electrical engineering?
  2. What are the various engineering diploma course available currently?
  3. Can we do something for career after 10th?
  4. Can I go for diploma or opt for science with 85% marks in 10th?
  5. Fees difference between diploma and fresh candidate for degree in Electrical engineering?
  6. Am I eligible to study Electrical Engineering Diploma course being an employee and a certificate holder in Electrical?
  7. Can I study B.Tech(Electrical & Electronics Engineering) being a Diploma Electrical Engineer?
  8. What to do in future after failing in 12th?
  9. Procedure and eligibility to study B.Tech(Electrical Engineering) for ECE Diploma student? Percentage required in Diploma to get admission?
  10. What can i do except B.Tech after Diploma in Electrical Engineering? -- [New]
  11. Diploma in Electrical engineering for working Electrician?
  12. Degree course in Electrical engineering or Mechanical engineering after Diploma in Electrical engineering and currently working in a Government job? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. Scholarship tests to study B.E. for Diploma holder? Courses available for Diploma Electrical Engineer?
  14. How many years will it take to complete polytechnic course after passing 10+2?
  15. Can I study Diploma in Marine Engineering after completing B.E.(Electrical & Electronics Engineering)?
  16. Can I join part time Diploma in electrical engineering? Relaxation for 1st year diploma student who is already in double diploma?
  17. How to do B.E course in Gujarat after passing diploma in Electrical Engineering in Gujarat?
  18. List of correspondence colleges offering Electrical Engineering Diploma course for ITI holder?
30th November 2015, 06:52 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What can I do after diploma in Electrical engineering?

The best option for you will be to go for higher study like Bachelor of Technology in Electrical Engineering. It will provide you better platform for career and will make you eligible for different government jobs.

You can apply for Lateral Entry Entrance exam for admission in second year of bachelor of technology course. LEET exam is conducted every year in month of May and one the basis of rank in this exam, admission to B.Tech in different streams is given.

After completion of B.Tech, you will be eligible for GATE exam for PSU jobs, Indian Engineering Services, Civil Services exam, SSC CGL exam etc.
30th November 2015, 09:09 AM
Careerexpert
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Hi friends, I have studied in diploma final year in electrical engineer. What I can do next? Please advise me for my future. Thanking you. Would you please help me in this regard?

After completing Diploma in Electrical engineering, you can apply for the below Bachelor Degree courses.

- B.E. Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- B.E. Electronics and Communication Engineering
- B.E. Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
- B.E. Electronics and Power Engineering
- B.E. Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
- B.E. Electronics Engineering
- B.Tech. Applied Electronics and Engineering
- B.Tech. Applied Electronics and Instrumentation
- B.Tech. Electronic Instrumentation and Control Engineering
- B.Tech. Electronics and Biomedical Engineering
- B.Tech. Electronics and Communication Engineering
30th November 2015, 09:36 AM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Courses after Diploma in Electrical Engineering Course:

There are several courses to pursue after completion of "Diploma in Electrical Engineering" course. Some of the best courses to pursue after Diploma in Electrical Engineering is "B.Tech in Electrical Engineering", B.Sc in Electrical Engineering and Bachelor of Law courses, Bachelor of Commerce, BCA and Bachelor of Business Administration courses. As far as the best scope and career opportunities after complete education is concerned, I would strongly suggest you to go with "B.Tech in Electrical Engineering". So the best course you can pursue after Diploma in Electrical Engineering course is "B.E/ B.Tech in Electrical Engineering" Course.
30th November 2015, 11:08 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
After completion of diploma course, you can do B.Tech in Electrical Engineering through lateral entry exam.

Eligibility criteria for Lateral entry exam:-

(i)Completed diploma course in Engineering/Technology/Pharmacy with above 50% marks.

(ii)Completed Degree in Science (B.Sc.) with Mathematics as a subject with above 50% marks.

(iii)Your age should be above 18 years.
30th November 2015, 04:56 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You have two option which are job of higher studies. For higher studies you can apply for lateral entry exams like LEET for admission in B.Tech course. There is AMIE option also for you if you want to study along with your job.

Hence, take your decision according to your interest. It will be better to go for job if you are getting a decent job in your field.
30th November 2015, 05:58 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

First you need to decide whether you need to go for the jobs or you need to go for the higher studies.

If you have interest in the study you can appear in the LEET examination and after qualifying in the examination take the admission in the B.tech 2nd year.

Or as other choice of job there are various job vacancy as JE in the Railway, Electric department etc... You can appear for these examination to get the job.
30th November 2015, 07:29 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

You can pursue your higher studies in B.E/B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course in Electrical Engineering. To get admission in B.E/B.Tech course after completion of your three years Diploma course, you need to appear in Lateral entry examinations like LEET, ECET, JELET, etc., which is conducted by your respective state entrance examinations board. By qualifying the entrance examination, based upon your examination rank, you will be allotted a seat in a particular college and you can get direct admission in second year of four years B.E/B.Tech course.
30th November 2015, 08:21 PM
ME471
Senior Member+++++

My suggestion to you is that you should go for the further education after completion of your diploma in electrical engineering. I am asking this due to the fact that being a diploma holder you will get a poor pay scaled job. So complete your bachelor degree first in the same field and then apply for the job in any of the following company.

NTPC
BHEL
Railways
BSNL
BEL,
Coal India.

You will get a good pay scale if you get selected in any of the above company.
30th November 2015, 10:53 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

It is nice to see that you want to plan your career properly and strive hard to walk in the right path. Since you have completed diploma course in Electrical Engineering, so you have two options opened before you.

1. Go for a job.
2. Go for higher studies

It is recommended you go for higher studies especially B.Tech/B.E course in the field of Electrical Engineering as the job scope will increase and you can get a better salaried and better designation job after graduation degree course.
30th November 2015, 11:46 PM
Blessmegod
Senior Member+++++

Since, you are in the final year you must be well aware of your interest. So you have both the option either to go with the job after the diploma or to go for higher studies.

If you are interested in the higher studies you can take the admission in the B.Tech course through the LEET examination or can simple take the admission in the graduation.

In case of choice as job you have to qualify in the entrance examination to get the recruitment in the government jobs. Some of the possible opportunities are as JE in the Railway or Electric department.
1st December 2015, 10:22 PM
iruazim
Senior Member+

After completing Diploma in Electrical Engineering, there are a lot of scopes which you can opt.
Below I have mentioned some of the fields which you can opt after completing Diploma.

B.E in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
B.E in Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
B.E in Electronics and Power Engineering
B.E in Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering
B.Tech in Applied Electronics and Instrumentation Engineering
B.Tech in Electronics Instrumentation and Control Engineering
B.Tech in Electronics and Bio-medical Engineering
27th May 2016, 06:11 AM
Unregistered

I have clarity. I want to join in btech but I don't what is the process. Plz reply. Bro
8th June 2016, 06:58 PM
Unregistered

After completing diploma is there any entrance exam to take admission in b tech?
13th July 2016, 09:33 PM
Unregistered

After Diploma In Electrical Engineering I Want To Go To Abroad For More Study
Is It True Dicision ?
12th April 2020, 12:11 PM
Unregistered

I have completed my diploma i need a govt job for diploma qualification so sir what can I do plz reply me
15th April 2020, 03:25 PM
HarishGuri
Senior Member+

---On the basis of Diploma in Electrical engineering course ,you have to grab some limited government post in Defense services .

--All you have to do is to clear your NDA which is a entrance exam conducted by UPSC twice a year.

--Minimum Mark's required in diploma is 50-60% marks .

-Age not less than 16.5 and not more than 19 years
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?