21st December 2016, 10:20 PM
Unregistered

What to do after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?

I am a diploma mechanical engineering student, this is my final year. I'm totally confused - what I should do after complete diploma Mechanical engineering? Can you please give me the advice/suggestion to do the best next? Thanks!

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join Diploma in Mechanical Engineering after completion of 10th Class? How much salary offered for the candidate after completion of this course? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Eligibility to do B.E Mechanical after completion of diploma in Chemical engineering?
  3. Which one is better between job and B.E course after diploma in mechanical engineering?
  4. What should I do after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  5. Am I eligible for government job after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  6. Can I do B.Tech course in USA after completing Mechanical Engineering diploma course?
  7. Which course I can do after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?
  8. Am I eligible to do B.E Mechanical engineering after completion of diploma in electronics?
  9. How to get job in core companies after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  10. How to get admission for Mechanical Engineering in US or UK or Australia after completion of Diploma in Mechanical? Best universities offering this course in these countries? Duration and Fee structure for this course?
  11. What can I do after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  12. How to become a pilot right after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  13. Should I go for Diploma to Degree in Mechanical or Engineering in Mechanical after completion of 10+2 to become IAS Officer?
  14. Which course we can do after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  15. What is the procedure followed to get educational loan right after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  16. List of diploma courses after 10th? Details about diploma in Astronomy?
  17. Procedure to study B.Tech in USA for Diploma in Mechanical Engineering student?
  18. Courses available to study for a candidate who has completed 10th around 6 years ago?
22nd December 2016, 10:48 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do after completion of diploma in Mechanical engineering?

Courses to pursue after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering:

There are many course options to pursue after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering. You may pursue anyone of the below mentioned courses.

>> B.E/ B.Tech in Mechatronics

>> B.E/ B.Tech in Mechanical Engineering

>> B.E/ B.Tech in Metallurgy

>> AMIE Course

Although there are many courses, I would strongly suggest you to pursue B.Tech/ B.E in Mechanical Engineering course. After successful completion of the course you may apply for several Core sector as well as Government Sector jobs.
22nd December 2016, 11:51 PM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
I am a diploma mechanical engineering student, this is my final year. I'm totally confused - what I should do after complete diploma Mechanical engineering? Can you please give me the advice/suggestion to do the best next? Thanks!
You can apply for Higher degree course like, B.Tech/B.E through lateral entry by qualifying in the LEET entrance exam. You can also apply for Government exams like, UPSC/SSC for Technical related jobs. Apart form this you can also apply for Competitive exams such as, Bank, Railway etc.
23rd December 2016, 03:03 PM
zahedrocks
Senior Member+++++

As you have mentioned above that you are final year student of diploma in Mechanical Engineering, so after completing the course there will be two options for you. One is to go for further studies and other is to get engaged in a reputed company for a job. And it is totally upon your interest what you want to do.

Here are some of the course which you can pursue further:

> Catia

> Pro/E

> Ansys.

> Auto Cad.

> Unigraphics.

> Diploma in Tool Design.

> Diploma in Mechatronics and Robotics.

> CNC Training.

> CAD/CAM Training.

> Piping Design Training.

> Fire & Safety Course.

> PG Safety.

> Boiler Operator Training.

> ADCNC.

> Hyper Mesh Training.

Here are some of the companies where you can apply for jobs:

> BHEL.

> SAIL.

> GAIL.

> DRDO.

> Power Grid.

> BEL.

> NTPC.

> ISRO etc.

After completing the course you can get jobs for the following positions:

> Mechanical Apps Engineer.

> Machine Maintenance and Development Engineer.

> Structure Analyst.

> Motor Engineer.

> Product Quality Engineer.

> Complete Seat Engineer.
23rd December 2016, 04:50 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

According to my opinion you should opt for B.E or B.Tech degree course after the completion of Diploma course in Mechanical.
Candidates those who have completed their Diploma course from a recognised University with a minimum of 50% of marks in it are eligible to get direct admission in the second year of the Degree course through lateral entry process.
23rd December 2016, 05:18 PM
taputanya
Senior Member+++++

As you have completed your diploma in Mechanical enigineering so you can apply in these companies:

NHPC

SAIL

GAIL

ISRO

DRDO

SSC exam

UPSC exam

Jindal Steel Plant

Indian Railways
23rd December 2016, 06:26 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Below, I have mentioned some of the career opportunities after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering, kindly have a look at it;

> Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering.

> Bachelor of Engineering in Mechatronics Engineering.

> Bachelor of Engineering in Applied Mechanics.

> Bachelor of Engineering in Mechanical Engineering.

> Bachelor of Engineering in Advanced Mechanical Systems, etc.

Other courses to opt for after completion of Diploma in Mechanical Engineering are as follows;

> CNC training.

> CAD/CAM Training.

> Auto CAD.

> Pro/E.

> Catia.

> Ansys.

> PG Safety.

> Boiler Operating Training.

> Fire and Safety courses.

> Piping Design Training, etc.
23rd December 2016, 07:35 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

You can apply for job in private as well as public sector based on your diploma in mechanical engineering. There are various technical jobs available for diploma holders these days in private sector. Even there are PSU companies which have many posts specially for diploma holders.

If you want to study further then, you can take admission in B.Tech mechanical engineering through lateral entry, which will allow you admission directly in 2nd year of the degree course.
23rd December 2016, 08:11 PM
pruthvi12dba

After completion of your studies in Diploma best option is to do Job in this stage itself to gain more experience in the working environment there are ample of opportunities are waiting for the Mechanical Engineering students.

List of companies offering fresher jobs for Mechanical Engineering students are as follows:

* Ran Technologie - Chennai, Tamil Nadu
* JBM - Delhi, Delhi
* Arshad Logistics Private Limited - Chennai, Tamil Nadu
* SARA PLACEMENT - Ahmadnagar, Maharashtra
* HONDA MOTORS PVT LTD - Delhi, Delhi
* Yamaha Motor Company - Delhi, Delhi
* I P SERVICES PVT, LTD - Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh
* KTC GROUP HOLDINGS PTE LTD - Chennai, Tamil Nadu

To get more Job openings upload you resume in the job portals.
23rd December 2016, 10:50 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

After Diploma in Mechanical Engineering you try a job and the career options after diploma in engineering is mainly for junior level posts.You can try for jobs in private engineering companies, banks etc.

In government sector, you can apply for positions like Junior Engineer, Technician, Supervisor, clerk, Loco Pilot, Apprentice etc.

After completing this course you can apply for one of following courses:-

**B.E. OR

**B.Tech

**AMIE etc.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?