21st December 2016, 11:19 PM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of diploma course?

Sir/Mam, I am a final year mechanical engineering diploma student.. I have completed my +2 education with 85 percentage mark..can I do merchant navy after my diploma course? What is the criteria to apply for the Navy job? Awaiting for the response.

Related Questions:
  1. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of diploma course? -- [New]
  2. How to join Merchant navy after completion of Diploma in Electrical Engineering?
  3. How may I join merchant navy after completion of B.Com degree? What sort of physical fitness is required for the same?
  4. Can I join merchant navy after completion of 12th in Arts stream?
  5. Is it possible to join MErchant Navy after completion of Diploma without 12th?
  6. What should I do next after completion of my diploma course in Electronics? Am I eligible for Merchant Navy?
  7. Am I eligible for Merchant Navy course after the completion of BE in CSE?
  8. How can I join merchant navy after passing 10th? I want to join in Merchant Navy
  9. Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of B.Tech in ECE without giving Entrance Exam? Will there be any scholarship offered for the candidates for SC category? List of Government Colleges to join Merchant Navy?
  10. How to join merchant navy after completion of diploma in mechanical engineering?
  11. Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy in shipping course after completion of diploma in computer engineering?
  12. Am I eligible to apply for merchant navy after completion of diploma in electronics? What is the procedure followed to apply for Merchant Navy?
  13. Am I eligible to apply for Navy after completing 3 years diploma course?
  14. How to join Merchant Navy after doing diploma in ECE?
  15. Can I join Merchant Navy after passing 12th? What is the requirement?
  16. How to join Merchant Navy after completing diploma course?
  17. Can I join Merchant Navy after completing Diploma in Mechanical Engineering?
  18. Best Institutes for Merchant Navy? Is it possible to join Merchant Navy with 55% in 12th? -- [Most Discussed]
22nd December 2016, 11:38 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of diploma course?

Yes, you are eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of Diploma course. As you are done with Diploma course, you may under go for Pre-Sea Training after completion of this Diploma course.

The basic educational qualification for this Pre-Sea Training course is Diploma in Electrical & Electronics Engg/ Marine Engineering or Mechanical Engineering or Electrical Engineering or Naval Architecture from a recognized university.

The minimum percentage you must have secured in Diploma in order to be eligible is 50% marks. Yes, you are certainly eligible to join Merchant Navy and the course is of 2 years and the maximum age must not exceed 28 years to be eligible.
23rd December 2016, 12:56 AM
Jits56
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to join Merchant Navy after completion of diploma course?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir/Mam, I am a final year mechanical engineering diploma student.. I have completed my +2 education with 85 percentage mark..can I do merchant navy after my diploma course? What is the criteria to apply for the Navy job? Awaiting for the response.
Sorry, that you are not eligible for Merchant Navy after completing Diploma course. Only those candidates who have completed Plus two or it's equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry, and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.
23rd December 2016, 05:59 PM
Ishaquekhan
Senior Member+++++

Since you have completed your class 12th from a recognised Board, you are eligible to join Merchant Navy.

Eligibility criteria to join Merchant Navy:-

the candidate must have completed class 12th from a recognised Board in Science stream with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics as compulsory subject.

The candidate's age must be in between 16.5 to 19 years.

The candidate must be an unmarried male.

The candidate should should be a citizen of India.

The candidate should be physically fit as per the requirements.
23rd December 2016, 07:35 PM
ishteaque
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can join Merchant Navy after completion of your diploma course, there is no such problem in it. You will for that have to appear for an entrance test conducted by the prospective Institute you wish to get admission in.

You can opt for the post of Deck Cadet officer and after having gained experience, you can opt for higher post by appearing for various naval examination and reach upto the level of captain or chief engineer.
23rd December 2016, 09:25 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you can surely apply for merchant navy on the basis of diploma in mechanical engineering course. There are some posts which are available for diploma engineering candidates.

You need to apply for pre-sea training first and after you have got the training, you will be eligible for various merchant navy jobs available.
23rd December 2016, 11:17 PM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
No, diploma holder candidates are not eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Those candidates who have passed your 12th or an equivalent examination with Physics, Chemistry and Mathematics from central/state board or recognized school are eligible for Merchant Navy exam.

Your age should be below 20 years.
23rd December 2016, 11:54 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

Yes,you are eligible to apply for the Merchant Navy after Diploma in Mechanical Engineering.Merchant Navy can be joined after 10th as seafarer after qualifying pre sea courses or after 12th as an officer through various degree or diploma courses in mainly two specialized fields, Nautical (Deck) and Marine engineering.

As you have completed diploma program in the Merchant Navy subject, can you apply for it

Following are some Courses to Join Merchant Navy:-

Pre Sea Training
3 month Pre-Sea Course in Deck rating.

3 month Pre-Sea Course in Engine rating.

4 month Pre-Sea Course in Saloon rating.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?