14th May 2016, 01:05 PM
Unregistered

Can I get an Education Loan through my father as a Co-Borrower who is working in IOCL?

Hello Everyone,
I have done my BAMS and secured 81.33%. I want to do M.Sc(Public Health) in UK. I have received my offer letter from London School of Hygiene & Tropical Medicine. I want to go with my wife. In this case my father who is an IOCL Officer earning Rs. 11 Lacs per annum could be the only Co-Borrower if I apply for an Education Loan? But I have been denied Loan informally by the SBI employees on this ground. Is this the right ground for rejection? Further, is the collateral security must?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get an Education Loan without co-borrower/co-applicant to study MBA being an MNC employee?
  2. Documents required to apply for Education Loan for MBBS aspirant whose father is working in Abroad?
  3. Documents required to apply for Education Loan for MBBS aspirant whose father is working in Abroad?
  4. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  5. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  6. How to claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan of my brother taken by my father?
  7. Can my father apply for an Education Loan in SBI of Dubai if working there since 11 years?
  8. How can I apply for Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs to study MBBS in India if my father is working in Abroad? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Can I get an education loan of Rs. 4 Lacs to study B.Tech if my father is working in a private firm and is a pensioner?
  10. Is it possible to get Education Loan of Rs. 6.75 Lacs to study MBA if my father is working in a Private Firm?
  11. Can I get an Education Loan to study B.Tech if my father is an employee at Qatar?
  12. Can I get an Education Loan to study B.Tech if my father is an employee at Qatar?
  13. Can I apply for an Education Loan to study MBBS if my father is working in Abu Dhabi?
  14. How can I get Education Loan to study MCA if my father is an Handicapped person?
  15. Can I get Education Loan to study B.Tech if my father has no property?
  16. Is it difficult to apply for Education Loan to study Bachelor of Physiotherapy course if my father is working in Abroad?
  17. Can my father become a guarantor against an Education Loan if I am a married woman?
  18. Can I get deduction in Bank Education Loan to study MBA if my father is a Government serviceman?
15th May 2016, 02:22 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get an Education Loan through my father as a Co-Borrower who is working in IOCL?

This should not have been the right cause of the rejection of your loan request. You should approach different bank if this was the only cause of your rejection. Since your father has a stable income source, so he can definitely be the co-borrower of your education loan. There is no problem in this. Approach other bank and make a fresh application of loan request.
Yes, collateral security is must since the education loan is more than 7.5 lakhs.
15th May 2016, 06:19 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get an Education Loan through my father as a Co-Borrower who is working in IOCL?

To get an Education loan of more than Rs.7 lacs, you must have to submit Collateral Security documents i.e., house or land documents equal to bank loan amount to bank. Your father also need to be a co-borrower for getting an education loan. Without any Collateral Security, you cannot get an Education loan only with your father as a Co-borrower.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?