9th December 2015, 05:07 PM
Unregistered

Can I get GATE scholarship if failed in a subject in M.Tech 1st semester?

Sir,
I have failed in one subject in M.Tech 1st semester. So, will I get GATE scholarship? I have a valid GATE scorecard.

13th December 2015, 10:39 PM
avinash1997
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can I get GATE scholarship if failed in a subject in M.Tech 1st semester?

The marks of first semester has nothing to do with GATE scholarship.

If a candidate has qualified in Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering and has a valid GATE scorecard, he/she will get stipend for pursing whole Master of Technology course as per UGC latest rules and regulations.

You must not worry if you have failed in one subject, you will get stipend.
14th December 2015, 07:26 PM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Can I get GATE scholarship if failed in a subject in M.Tech 1st semester?

Yes you will be able to get the GATE Scholarship for now but if you end up getting a year back then your Scholarship will be cancelled.
If you are a Gate qualified student you will be able to get the Scholarship as long as you clear the paper you have failed in the earliest possible time.
You need to appear for the Supplementary Examination as quickly as possible.
According to the rules as long as you are not having a year lag you will continue receiving your Scholarship.
11th October 2021, 02:16 PM
Unregistered

Sir can u please send me the page from rule book that says this that you are saying
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?