4th August 2015, 04:09 PM
Unregistered

Is it possible to appear in GATE if failed in B.Tech 7th semester? Can I get admission in 2 years M.E. course?

Sir,
I got failed in 7th semester of my B.Tech but I want to give GATE. Is it possible? If I pass in GATE, the result can approve for two years for admission in M.E. course?

Related Questions:
  1. When should I start coaching for GATE exam(5th or 7th semester)?
  2. What's the procedure for taking admission in M.Tech course in Jadavpur University? My B.Tech CGPA is 6.65 up to 7th semester
  3. Will there be relaxation in TCS placement aggregate cutoff for the upcoming campus placements?
  4. Eligibility to attend TCS on-campus interview for a candidate who has secured 59% in B.Tech 6th semester?
  5. If I clear GATE in 6th semester will it be helpful to take admission in M.E. or M.Tech?
  6. Training programme in Ashok Leyland for B.Tech(ME) 7th semester student?
  7. Will I be allowed to join if got placed in iGATE but failed in a subject of B.Tech 7th semester?
  8. Cochin University B.Tech in Electronics and Communication Engineering 7th Semester Digital Signal Processing Exam - Download Previous Years Question Papers
  9. Can I fill forms for upcoming GATE Exam having completed B.Tech with backlogs?
  10. Procedure to apply for Internship in IISC, Bangalore to B.Tech(ECE) 7th semester student?
  11. Companies offering Summer Internship to B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 7th semester student in Hyderabad?
  12. GATE Entrance Exam preparations: Is solving 10 years papers enough? -- [Most Discussed]
  13. How much should I score in GATE to secure job in PSU being a B.Tech(Civil Engineering) 7th semester student?
  14. Can I get GATE scholarship if failed in one subject of M.Tech 1st semester exam?
  15. Procedure to apply for Training in Maruti Suzuki for B.Tech(ME) 7th semester student?
  16. Can I apply for RAS after passing 7th B.Tech semester
  17. What is the opportunity to get into IT? I am pursuing B.E in CS 7th semester
  18. Which are the best coaching centres for GATE exam? I am studying 7th semester B.E in E&C
5th August 2015, 04:31 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear in GATE if failed in B.Tech 7th semester? Can I get admission in 2 years M.E. course?

GATE stands for the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering. The entrance examination is conducted by the Indian Institute of Technology for post graduate course in technology. There are so many engineering institutes all over India like IITs, NITs, IIITs etc which accept GATE score for admission in master of technology.

To be eligible for this exam, you must have done your bachelor's degree in engineering or technology or master's degree in science from recognized institute. Final year candidates of bachelor's degree can also apply for the exam.

Yes, you can apply for the GATE exam if you have backlogs in seventh semester but you need to provide the details of it along with a certificate to be signed by Head of Department of your college.

You need to clear the backlogs upto eight semester then only you can get admission in master of technology in any institute.
5th August 2015, 08:20 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is it possible to appear in GATE if failed in B.Tech 7th semester? Can I get admission in 2 years M.E. course?

You can appear for GATE surely if you are in final year but for admission in M.Tech you will need the B.Tech degree during counselling. If you fail to pass then your GATE score will not help you to get any advantage even if you qualify it.

Hence, first requirement is B.Tech degree and then your GATE score will come into play. If you don't meet the first criteria then others will be treated as null.
15th August 2015, 11:17 PM
saibabaohm
Member+

You can appear for GATE surely if you are in final year but for admission in M.Tech you will need the B.Tech degree during counselling. If you fail to pass then your GATE score will not help you to get any advantage even if you qualify it.

Hence, first requirement is B.Tech degree and then your GATE score will come into play. If you don't meet the first criteria then others will be treated as null.
18th August 2015, 10:38 AM
BISWARUPYOGI
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
I got failed in 7th semester of my B.Tech but I want to give GATE. Is it possible? If I pass in GATE, the result can approve for two years for admission in M.E. course?
Yes, you are eligible for GATE exam. But at the time of admission you must be cleared your pending backlog.

GATE stands for Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering.

If you have Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/Technology or Architecture/Design or its equivalent or masters degree in science department then you are eligible for GATE exam.

There are no restriction for attempts in GATE exam. You can apply any number of time. There is no age criteria but your minimum age must be above 18 years.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?