10th April 2015, 01:30 AM
Unregistered

Can I get relaxation in Interest rates charged against Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech being a ST student?

Sir,
I am a ST student doing my 12th Science
with scholarship. I know it is very tough
to get scholarship for doing B.Tech.
So, I want to know that if I apply for
Education Loan then I get any relaxation
in Interest Rates?

Related Questions:
  1. Is it true that Canara bank is providing full interest subsidy education loan?
  2. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan to study Bachelor of Physiotherapy course? List of Financial Institutions which offer Education Loan with Interest Rates charged in India?
  3. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study Bachelor of Hotel Management? How much interest rates will be charged?
  4. Detailed information about Education Loan interest rates of Banks for study in MCA?
  5. Interest rates charges against Education Loan by Andhra Bank for B.Tech course? Documents required to apply for Education Loan?
  6. How can I get Bank Education Loan with low interest rate to study MBBS in Russia? Mode of repayment?
  7. How much interest will be charged on Education Loan to study MDS? Detailed information about Mode of Repayment?
  8. Why I have to repay with higher interest rate if opted for Fixed rate to study in Abroad through Education Loan provided by Indian Bank? Is there any Norms of RBI related to Fixed/Floating Interest Rates for Nationalized Banks?
  9. What kind of relaxation I will get in Bank Education Loan to study MBA being a ST student?
  10. Banks offering Education Loan with low interest rates to study MBA in IIM through CAT?
  11. List of Banks which offer Education Loan at low interest rates to study B.Tech in USA, Australia and UK?
  12. List of Banks which has good interest rates and processing schemes to apply for Education Loan to study MBA in US?
  13. What to do if Bank says that they do not provide loan?
  14. WBMDFC offers Education Loan to study B.Tech? Rate of Interest charged against Education Loan?
  15. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study MBA in India at cheapest Interest Rates?
  16. Could not go to college for lack of funds. Please suggest. -- [Most Discussed]
  17. Which Bank provides Education Loan with Low Interest Rate to study B.Tech?
  18. How can I get Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech?
16th April 2015, 12:23 AM
deep_4
Senior Member+++++

Post Re: Can I get relaxation in Interest rates charged against Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech being a ST student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
in Interest Rates?
Various nationalized banks provide education loan to Indian Nationals for pursuing higher studies or technical education where admission has been secured.

As you are looking for any additional benefits by any banks under education loan scheme then I remember Punjab National Bank's additional benefits, they are as follows.
  • Interest will be of Simple and will be charged during the study period plus Moratorium period.
  • There will be a rebate or relaxation of .5% in the rate of interest if you are women for loans up to 10 lacs for studies in India.
  • 1% interest concession will be given to those candidates if they serviced the interest during the course of study or during moratorium period.
  • The loan can be disbursed in stages as per the requirement or demand by the Institutions for instruments or equipments.

For those full interest subsidy will be provided during moratorium period to students who are under EWS i.e. Economically Weaker section with a annual gross salary lesser than 4.5 lacs. Being a reserved category there is no relaxation but if you come under EWS then relaxation of interest will be given.
17th April 2015, 08:04 PM
Microsoft_Bangalore

Smile Re: Can I get relaxation in Interest rates charged against Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech being a ST student?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir,
in Interest Rates?

Yes dear, you can apply for the education loan, as this is the best way to study in any of the college without spending your own money. And you can pay it later on. So, i will suggest you to apply for the education loan instead for waiting for the scholarship. This will help you a lot.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?