19th April 2015, 04:43 PM
Unregistered

Interest rates are charged from the beginning or at the end of the course if pursuing B.Tech through Education Loan?

Sir/Madam
I just want to know that from which
date the interest will be compounded?
From date of taking loan or after completing education?
I have taken education loan and studying B.Tech.
Please help me to know about this.

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get relaxation in Interest rates charged against Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech being a ST student?
  2. Can I apply for Bank Education Loan to study Bachelor of Physiotherapy course? List of Financial Institutions which offer Education Loan with Interest Rates charged in India?
  3. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study Bachelor of Hotel Management? How much interest rates will be charged?
  4. Is it true that Canara bank is providing full interest subsidy education loan?
  5. Interest rates charges against Education Loan by Andhra Bank for B.Tech course? Documents required to apply for Education Loan?
  6. Detailed information about Education Loan interest rates of Banks for study in MCA?
  7. How much interest will be charged on Education Loan to study MDS? Detailed information about Mode of Repayment?
  8. List of Banks which has good interest rates and processing schemes to apply for Education Loan to study MBA in US?
  9. WBMDFC offers Education Loan to study B.Tech? Rate of Interest charged against Education Loan?
  10. List of Banks which offer Education Loan to study MBA in India at cheapest Interest Rates?
  11. How can I get Bank Education Loan with low interest rate to study MBBS in Russia? Mode of repayment?
  12. Banks offering Education Loan with low interest rates to study MBA in IIM through CAT?
  13. List of Banks which offer Education Loan at low interest rates to study B.Tech in USA, Australia and UK?
  14. What can I do to get a Scholarship or Stipend if education loan interest rates are very high?
  15. Why I have to repay with higher interest rate if opted for Fixed rate to study in Abroad through Education Loan provided by Indian Bank? Is there any Norms of RBI related to Fixed/Floating Interest Rates for Nationalized Banks?
  16. Procedure to get Education Loan for pursuing MCA? How much is the rate of interest?
  17. Private and Nationalized Banks offering Education Loan at low interest rates to study B.Tech in USA/UK/Australia?
  18. What to do if Bank says that they do not provide loan? -- [Most Discussed]
4th May 2015, 01:41 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Interest rates are charged from the beginning or at the end of the course if pursuing B.Tech through Education Loan?

The interest for education loan is computed as simple interest for the entire study period. It will start getting computed as compounded interest from the date you join any organization for job or six months completion after the B.Tech course whichever is earlier. The rate of interest is governed and regulated by Reserve Bank of India and fluctuates from time to time. So you need to pay the interest as per the rate of interest prevailing at that current time in the market. If you do not get job even after six months completion of B.Tech course, still you need to start repaying the loan and the interest will be computed as compound interest.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?