9th November 2016, 07:06 PM
Unregistered

Detailed information about tax under Bank Education Loan policy?

I don't understand about the tax issue under Bank Education Loan scheme. Can I get the brief information about tax issue of Bank Education Loan. Waiting for your kind response.

Related Questions:
  1. Detailed information about Co-Obligatory in Education Loan Policy of Federal Bank?
  2. Detailed information about Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 2.2 Lacs from United Bank of India?
  3. Detailed information about HDFC Bank Education Loan scheme? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Detailed information about Bank Education Loan BPLR?
  5. Detailed information about Bank Education Loan BPLR?
  6. Whether my LIC Policy dissolves after applying for Corporation Bank Education Loan against it?
  7. Detailed information about Punjab National Bank Education Loan scheme to study B.Tech?
  8. Detailed information about Union Bank Education Loan scheme to study B.Tech? How much extra percentage they charge for Education Loan?
  9. Detailed information about the Bank Education Loan to study B.Pharmacy? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. Detailed information about Margin and Repayment of Loan terms available in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  11. Need information about Tax Rebate provided against Education Loan?
  12. Detailed information about margin and repayment in education loan scheme?
  13. Insurance Policy offered in Indian Bank for Education Loan borrowers? Advantages of this Policy?
  14. Detailed information and procedure to apply for Bank Education Loan to study B.Tech in IIT?
  15. Detailed information about Andhra Bank Education Loan scheme for study B.Tech?
  16. Which Bank sponsor Education Loan of Rs. 8.5 Lacs to study in Newzealand if refused by SBI, Axis Bank, Vijaya Bank, UCO Bank and Bank of Baroda?
  17. Detailed information about State Bank of Mysore Gnanamitra Educational Loan policy? Documents required to apply?
  18. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
11th November 2016, 09:22 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Detailed information about tax under Bank Education Loan policy?

You can get tax benefit while repaying the interest of the education loan. As per income tax law of India, the interest you are paying for education loan will be waived off from your taxable income. Hence your taxable income will be reduced and you will need to pay less tax. You will need to provide proof of your interest payment to the income tax authority in the form of statement from the financial institutes from which you had taken education loan. The education loan should be for yourself/spouse/children/legal guardian.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?