25th September 2016, 01:40 PM
Unregistered

Differences among Star Loan and Star Vidya Loan schemes of Bank of India?

My son is interested to join B.Tech course. I am having a Bank Account in Bank of India from the last 16 years in the same branch. I want to apply an Education Loan in this Bank. But when I have searched, I saw Star Vidya Loan and Star Loan schemes. I just want to know the difference between these two schemes. Can you tell me?

Related Questions:
  1. How to apply for Bank of India Star Vidya Loan? Eligibility to apply?
  2. How much EMI will be charged against Loan amount of Rs. 5 Lacs under Bank of India Star Education Loan scheme? Details of repayment period?
  3. Can I apply in Bank of India Star Education Loan for B.Ed being an Economics postgraduate since 7 years?
  4. Which bank can provide education loan for pursuing B.Tech course at KIIT University?
  5. Details of various Education Loan schemes offered by Punjab National Bank? Eligibility to apply?
  6. What all documents which are required for getting the educational loan?
  7. List of Financial Institutes offering an Education Loan to study MBBS in India?
  8. Terms and conditions of BOI Star Education Loan scheme? -- [New]
  9. How to get education loan? From which bank at lowest interest? Minimum salary of parents required for loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. What kind of benefits are available in Federal Bank Special Vidya Loan scheme?
  11. Interest rates charges against Rs. 4 Lacs in Bank Education Loan? How much time will it take to repay loan amount?
  12. On what basis Bank of India offers an Education Loan for Master of Hotel Management program? What are the interest charges of Bank of India Education Loan?
  13. Schemes provided by Banks for Education Loan to study in B.Tech?
  14. Bank Education Loan scheme of SBI, Bank of India and Bank of Baroda to study MBBS course of Rs. 350000 p.a. fee expense?
  15. What to do if Bank says that they do not provide loan?
  16. Detailed information and benefits of Dena Vidya Laxmi Educational Loan scheme?
  17. Is it possible I could qualify for student loans again being defaulter?
  18. Is it possible to get the education loan if I am from a poor family?
28th September 2016, 10:03 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Differences among Star Loan and Star Vidya Loan schemes of Bank of India?

Difference between Star Loan and Star Vidya Loan :-

- The maximum amount which can be seek under Star Loan for study in India is 10 lakhs whereas that under Star Vidya Loan is 30 lakhs.
- The terms and conditions are stricter in case of Star Vidya Loan as compared to Star Loan.
- Star Vidya Loan can be availed only when your son gets admission in a selected premier list of institutes as per bank for a particular course as per bank norms.

More details of Star Vidya loan is provided in the attached document.
Attached Files
File Type: docx BOI Star Vidya Loan Scheme.docx(13.4 KB, 15 views)
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?