29th March 2016, 08:39 PM
Unregistered

How much amount to be claimed in Income Tax Rebate against an Education Loan of Rs. 10 Lacs?

Hello Sir,
I am giving Income Tax and maintaining file from last 7 years. I have my own small business. Now, I have taken an Education Loan for my Daughter of Rs. 10 Lacs. I want to know that what amount of tax rebate I get due to this Education Loan?

Related Questions:
  1. Maximum amount to be claimed for Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 400000?
  2. Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 6.2 Lacs if working in CCL?
  3. Need information about Tax Rebate provided against Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Detailed information about Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 2.2 Lacs from United Bank of India?
  5. Is there any way of Tax Rebate against Education Loan of Rs. 305000?
  6. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  7. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my father for my brother’s education?
  8. How to claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan of my brother taken by my father?
  9. Between Principal and Interest amount on which I can claim Tax rebate on Education Loan?
  10. Can I apply for Education Loan of Rs. 7 Lacs without Income Tax Return?
  11. How can I claim Tax Rebate of my sister's education loan taken by my brother?
  12. Can I apply for Education Loan from 2 Banks of Rs. 22 Lacs to study in Australia? Detailed information about Margin of Education Loan?
  13. Can I claim tax rebate if education loan was taken by my father from Union Bank?
  14. Can I get Tax Rebate against Education Loan if paying interest of Rs. 12947 per month?
  15. How can I claim for Tax Rebate against Education Loan taken by my Father-in-Law for my wife's education?
  16. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my Father-In-Law for my wife's education?
  17. How can I claim Tax Rebate on Education Loan taken by my Father-In-Law for my wife's education?
  18. Can I apply for Education Loan to study B.Tech having family income of Rs. 3.60 Lacs p.a.?
2nd April 2016, 04:55 PM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: How much amount to be claimed in Income Tax Rebate against an Education Loan of Rs. 10 Lacs?

Educational loan is given to those students who get admission in any professional course such as Engineering, Medical, Hotel Management etc. You are interested to know about the income tax rebate against educational loan. Yes definitely you will get rebate in income tax.

>>It is the provision under section 80E that the amount of interest paid is eligible for deduction in taxable income. For this you have to visit to the bank branch through which you have taken educational loan. Bank will provide the statement of interest. You have to submit the statement in your organisation for getting reduction in taxable income.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?