20th October 2015, 01:11 PM
Unregistered

How to increase EMI tenure of Education Loan repayment?

Hi Everyone
I am repaying my education loan from last 8 months and my EMI is Rs. 6805 for 5 years. I want to increase my tenure to 6 years so as to decrease my EMI. Is it allowed? If yes what is the procedure ?

Related Questions:
  1. Whether Bank of India charge interest during B.Tech against Education Loan? How to repay EMI in 7 years of tenure against Rs. 5 Lacs?
  2. Should not the EMI be less on Education Loans?
  3. What kind of EMI options are available in Education Loan if want to study MBBS?
  4. How to extend repayment time of education loan without interest?
  5. Detailed information about Margin and Repayment of Loan terms available in Bank Education Loan scheme?
  6. Should I invest the excess money into market after repaying EMI of Education Loan?
  7. How much interest will be charged on Education Loan to study MDS? Detailed information about Mode of Repayment? -- [Most Discussed]
  8. Can I extend the repayment amount if taken Education Loan of Rs. 6 Lacs?
  9. What is the rules of Repayment of Education Loan in Bank of India if a candidate doesn't get placement after completing education?
  10. Mode of Repayment against Education Loan offered by Bank Of Baroda for self organized 1 year Diploma course?
  11. Is there any difficulty to reapply for Education Loan to study MBA?
  12. From when should I start repayment of my Education Loan taken against B.Tech course? Latest Education Loan rate of interest?
  13. How much interest I have to pay on Education Loan to study MBA in Abroad? Detailed information about mode of repayment?
  14. How can I get Bank Education Loan with low interest rate to study MBBS in Russia? Mode of repayment?
  15. How much time I will get after completing MBA to repay Bank Education Loan if doesn't get job through campus placement?
  16. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  17. MBBS holder can get a Lecturer job? Seeking 25 years of repayment of loan after job is possible?
  18. Mode of repayment of education loan taken from UCO Bank? -- [Most Discussed]
22nd October 2015, 01:26 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: How to increase EMI tenure of Education Loan repayment?

You are paying the Equated Monthly Installment (EMI) for your education loan from the past 8 months. Now you want to increase the tenure period from 6 years to 7 years.

**You can do this by giving an application in the bank branch office through which you have taken the educational loan. It will be sanctioned and your EMI amount will be reduced from the next month.

**The disadvantage of doing this is that your EMI tenure has been increased by 1 year. The most important thing is that the bank also charged the interest for 1 year too which will be added to the new EMI amount.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?