30th July 2015, 01:43 AM
Unregistered

How much scholarship is paid by Indian government for abroad M.Sc study?

Hello sir, I want to do msc in abroad for msc abrode is right option or not if yes than how much scholarship is paid by indian government or forain to countinue my education and the entrace exam name which give me a scholarship

6th April 2023, 05:09 AM
SidhuMoosewala

Default Re: How much scholarship is paid by Indian government for abroad M.Sc study?

Pursuing master's degree from foreign universities can be a good option to gain international exposure and high quality education. Indian government offers the following scholarships to support meritorious students for higher studies abroad:

Fulbright-Nehru Postgraduate Fellowship: Provides fellowship of up to $25,000 for 9-10 months to pursue postgraduate degrees in U.S. Top students in each field can apply on fulbright.org.in before deadlines. Selection is based on academic excellence, leadership qualities and relevance of study in U.S. Candidate's field of study, university and program should have high rankings.

Chevening Scholarship: U.K. government scholarships for future leaders to pursue master's degree from top ranked U.K. universities. Up to 100 scholarships of £25,000 per year are awarded to Indian students. Apply at chevening.org before deadlines. Selection includes an interview to evaluate potential to be an influencer in their sector. Field of study and university rankings are important.

Commonwealth Fellowship Scheme: Offers scholarships for postgraduate study in any Commonwealth country based on academic merit. Up to 150 fellowships of £13,000 to £27,000 are provided each year covering tuition, maintenance, airfare and health insurance. Candidates need at least 2 years of professional experience after PG degree. Strict criteria apply regarding citizenship of candidate and host country, course relevance, supervisor availability, etc.

German Academic Exchange Service (DAAD): Offers scholarships for master's and Ph.D. programs at German universities based on merit and need. scholarship amounts vary from €750 to €1050 per month based on degree and cost of living in host city. Top students in science, technology, engineering, mathematics, social sciences, arts, humanities can apply for select programs at renowned German universities. Knowledge of German language not always required.

Other schemes: ICCR scholarships for master's study in India, Erasmus+ scholarships for study in Europe, etc. are also available with varying eligibility and benefits. Details can be found on websites of concerned ministries and departments.

Some key points to keep in mind:

Check deadlines and criteria of different schemes with scholarships matching your profile before applying. Early application increases chances of selection.

Meet high merit requirements in terms of academic performance, exam scores, work experience, potential, etc. as evaluated by the concerned organizations. Not all eligible candidates may get selected.

Select high ranked and reputed universities/programs that provide international exposure and recognition to merit scholarships. Program relevance and quality matter for most scholarships.

Prepare well for application processes like exams, interviews, references which are part of evaluation for many scholarships. Demonstrate how you can utilize this opportunity optimally.

Scholarship amounts may cover partial or full costs including tuition fees, living expenses, airfare, insurance, etc. depending on scheme and programme selected. Additional funds may sometimes be needed to meet all expenses. Look into part-time jobs or education loans as options if needed.

Let me know if any further assistance or details are required on application, eligibility or procedure for scholarships. I can guide you to optimize your chances of getting funding for studying M.Sc. abroad.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?