19th October 2016, 11:57 AM
Unregistered

Is there any bank provide study loan accepting agricultural land as collateral?

Hello,

I asked for education loan from Credila and Avanse. Both said NO to me for without collateral loan which they provide upto 25 lacs. According to them being farmers there is guarantee of income or there is no fixed income for farmers every year. Also they do not accept agricultural land as collateral too. Does any bank provide education loan for MS on agricultural land? Or is there any other way of getting loan for MS on agricultural land as being farmers that is the only thing we have? Please help. Thanks in advance !

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get Bank Education Loan against Agricultural land situated in rural area?
  2. What should I do if bank refuses to grant me education loan against agricultural land?
  3. Can I get an Education Loan of Rs. 20 Lacs against Land agreement papers as a Collateral Security? What is the minimum value of land for this Loan?
  4. Which Banks provide Education Loan upto Rs. 7.5 Lakhs without collateral security?
  5. Whether a Bank offer Education Loan by evaluating property?
  6. Can I get Education Loan from any Financial Institute without Collateral Security?
  7. Does Banks demand Collateral securities against Education Loan of upto Rs. 4 Lacs except SBI?
  8. Which Bank provide education loan upto Rs.4 Lakhs without collateral security?
  9. What should I lend as Collateral Security to get an education loan from SBI bank?
  10. What should I lend as Securities and collateral to get an education loan from SBI bank?
  11. What amount of Collateral Security I have to submit for Bank Education Loan to study MBA in Abroad?
  12. Which branch of SBI should I approach for an education loan at Luknow? Securities, collateral required and Loan tenure?
  13. Required collateral to apply for an education loan of 4 lakh at HDFC Bank? -- [New]
  14. Can I get Rs. 5 Lacs Education Loan keeping insurance policies as collateral security without guarantor to study MS (Finance) in UK?
  15. Is Collateral Security mandatory to apply for Bank Education Loan except SBI?
  16. How can I submit if my Land agreement papers were burnt to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  17. Is it possible to get complete educational loan for doing graduation course? -- [Most Discussed]
  18. In which bank to apply for an education loan of 14 lakh to study MBBS from Ukraine? Will bank provide loan for books and accommodation?
20th October 2016, 02:00 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any bank provide study loan accepting agricultural land as collateral?

Yes, public and private sector banks especially the nationalized banks will accept your study loan request against agricultural land as collateral security. However, directly agricultural land will not be taken as collateral security. Instead, you need to sign the agreement that if you are unable to repay the loan, then the land will be treated as commercial land giving bank the full discretion to perform any activity concerning it. Once you accept this clause, banks will provide you loan. The list of banks is attached for your reference.
Attached Files
File Type: docx List of banks.docx(11.4 KB, 539 views)
20th October 2016, 10:07 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any bank provide study loan accepting agricultural land as collateral?

Normally, banks accept any kind of land as collateral, provided it has some value. If the value of land is good enough, then it will definitely serve the purpose.

The problem will be when the value if land if not good enough to support an education loan of big size. You can try at any PSU bank which is situated near your residence.
16th November 2021, 02:12 PM
Unregistered

Can I get education loan for bams course with agricultural land
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?