4th September 2016, 08:45 PM
Unregistered

What should I do if bank refuses to grant me education loan against agricultural land?

Hello sir, I was applied for an education loan at IDBI against of my agricultural land but bank manager told me that your land is not sufficient for grant and if you could not pay the amount at time then we can't recover amount of loan by selling your land. Please tell me what should I do for an education loan?

Related Questions:
  1. Is there any bank provide study loan accepting agricultural land as collateral?
  2. Other way to get Education Loan if nearest SBI branch refuses?
  3. Can I get Bank Education Loan against Agricultural land situated in rural area?
  4. Whether a Bank offer Education Loan by evaluating property?
  5. Can I get an education loan for registration and coaching fees of CA course? Which bank grant me education loan?
  6. List of securities on which a bank can grant an education loan
  7. How long does a Bank takes to grant an education loan?
  8. Will Bank grant an education loan if my father has already taken a car loan?
  9. Can I get an education loan if my income is 57 thousand? Which bank can grant the loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  10. How much does it costs to study Aeronautics? How much education loan will bank grant?
  11. List of courses available in Mumbai after BE Electronics & Telecommunication? Can a bank grant an education loan for it? How much amount I can take as an education loan?
  12. Possibilities to take an education loan against car whose EMI is not fully paid?
  13. Criteria to get high amount education loan for Pilot training in London? -- [Most Discussed]
  14. How can I submit if my Land agreement papers were burnt to apply for Bank Education Loan?
  15. What should a 3rd year MBBS student do to get an education loan for Pre PG preparation? Which bank grant an education loan without any security?
  16. List of distance colleges to study LLB course? Which bank can grant me an education loan in Ambala? -- [New]
  17. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  18. Whether Banks can grant an education loan of Rs.1, 60,000 for Certificate course in IIT-Madras?
10th September 2016, 12:41 AM
bhushankumar398
Senior Member++

Default Re: What should I do if bank refuses to grant me education loan against agricultural land?

You have applied for education loan against your agricultural land. It means that you apply for education loan of amount more than 4 lacs. That’s why the bank manager asks you for the security.

>>As the value of your agricultural land is less than the loan amount. So bank will not sanction your education loan. The only solution is that you have to take the education loan equivalent to the agricultural land value. You have to adjust the remaining amount from yourself or you can take a personal loan of the remaining amount.
11th September 2016, 12:26 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I do if bank refuses to grant me education loan against agricultural land?

The mortgage which you are offering - your land is not sufficient to compensate the loan amount which you want to seek. As a result you got such a response from the bank. You can approach other banks and see whether they accept your loan offer against the land or not. If they accept then go for that bank. Otherwise you have two options -

1. Lower the education loan amount
2. Keep some other property along with the land as mortgage for the loan.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?