22nd August 2016, 03:00 PM
Unregistered

What should I lend as Securities and collateral to get an education loan from SBI bank?

Hello sir, I want to study B.Sc Biotechnology from top ten private colleges of India. I want to apply for an education loan at SBI bank. So, please tell me what can I lend as Securities and collateral required?

Related Questions:
  1. What should I lend as Collateral Security to get an education loan from SBI bank?
  2. Which branch of SBI should I approach for an education loan at Luknow? Securities, collateral required and Loan tenure?
  3. Does Banks demand Collateral securities against Education Loan of upto Rs. 4 Lacs except SBI? -- [Most Discussed]
  4. Securities and collateral required for an education loan of 5 lakh from PNB? What will be the maximum Loan tenure?
  5. Tangible collateral securities to get an Education Loan in Union Bank of India?
  6. Is Collateral Security mandatory to apply for Bank Education Loan except SBI?
  7. What are the securities and collateral required to get an education loan from IDBI?
  8. What kind of securities are required to apply for SBI education loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  9. Eligibility to get education loan from SBI for B.Tech course? -- [New]
  10. List of securities on which a bank can grant an education loan
  11. Is there any bank provide study loan accepting agricultural land as collateral?
  12. Which Banks provide Education Loan upto Rs. 7.5 Lakhs without collateral security?
  13. Can I get Education Loan from any Financial Institute without Collateral Security?
  14. Bank Education Loan scheme of SBI, Bank of India and Bank of Baroda to study MBBS course of Rs. 350000 p.a. fee expense?
  15. Which Bank sponsor Education Loan of Rs. 8.5 Lacs to study in Newzealand if refused by SBI, Axis Bank, Vijaya Bank, UCO Bank and Bank of Baroda?
  16. Can I get Rs. 5 Lacs Education Loan keeping insurance policies as collateral security without guarantor to study MS (Finance) in UK?
  17. Can I get Bank Education Loan against Agricultural land situated in rural area?
  18. Securities required to apply for an Education Loan in Allahabad to get admission under Management quota?
22nd August 2016, 10:44 PM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I lend as Securities and collateral to get an education loan from SBI bank?

It is good to see your aim of pursuing your undergraduate course from the top institutes of the country. You can definitely seek education loan from SBI to meet the expense of your course. There are many tangible properties which you can keep as collateral security to get your education loan sanctioned. The properties include :-

- Land
- Building
- Govt. Securities
- Public Sector Bonds
- NSC/KVP/LIP/
- Banks Term Deposit

These should be in the name of Student/ Parent/ Guardian/Guarantor with suitable margin.
23rd August 2016, 12:09 AM
AWNISH RANJAN CHAUDHARY
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What should I lend as Securities and collateral to get an education loan from SBI bank?

There are three categories for Education loan:

1. Upto sanction of 4 lakhs rupees: There is no need of any security but parents must be joint borrower along with candidate.

2. Amount: 4-7.5 lacs rupees: Along with parents, collateral security as third party guarantee.

3. Above 7.5 lacs: Parents must be joint borrowers plus tangible collateral security of suitable value required.

Collateral can be:

1. Non agricultural land.

2. Fixed deposits.

3. Residential property.

4. Life Insurance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?