25th August 2015, 05:45 PM
Unregistered

Is there any scholarship available to prepare for IAS exam?

Dear All,
I want to prepare for IAS exam in Delhi. I want to know that for this I can get any scholarship? Please help me to know about this.

28th August 2015, 02:27 AM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Is there any scholarship available to prepare for IAS exam?

Yes, in recent scenario the fee structure for the Civil Services examination preparation in top institutes of India has become so high that a candidate needs loan for preparing for this exam.

Some of the top Institutes like Vajiram and Ravi IAS academy, ALS etc have fee structure starting above more than 1.2 lacs rupees for the General studies preparation for the mains and Preliminary examination. About 30-40 thousand rupees for optional subject preparation.

So if you add all the expenses, it will be nearly two lacs rupees for preparation and also fooding and lodging in Delhi is expensive, so overall expenditure for one year preparation along with fooding and lodging is about 3.5 lacs rupees. This amount is very much for a middle class family candidate but unfortunately none of the banks of India give loan for preparation of any competitive exam.

Educational loans are given for technical, professional and regular courses by different banks of India. So you need to arrange fee yourself.
1st September 2015, 12:11 AM
ArunavaBasu
Senior Member++++

Default Re: Is there any scholarship available to prepare for IAS exam?

I am sorry to say you this but there is no Scholarship available to you as you plan to prepare for the IAS Examination in Delhi.
At present all the aspirants need to pay out of their own pocket for the preparation for the Civil Services Examination.
So you will have no Scholarship for your assistance.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?