27th June 2016, 01:16 PM
Unregistered

What is CSIS under Bank Education Loan scheme?

Hi,
My Name Sakariya Mayur. I want to study B.Tech and want to apply for an Education Loan from any Bank. I have searched alot about Education Loan scheme and got lot of information but I couldn't understand about CSIS. Can you let me know what is CSIS? Please let me know asap.

29th June 2016, 12:43 PM
Career Expert
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is CSIS under Bank Education Loan scheme?

CSIS stands for Central Scheme of Interest Subsidy. It is a scheme which is formulated by Ministry of HRD, Government of India to offer an Interest Subsidy on Education Loans for pursuing technical / professional courses in India to candidates who belong to economically weaker sections (EWS).

The CSIS scheme will be applicable to the candidates who belong to economically weaker sections with an annual gross parental/ family income with upper limit of Rs.4.5 lacs per year including all sources of income.

Eligibility for Interest Subsidy :-

=> The interest subsidy under CSIS scheme to the eligible students will be available only once either for the first undergraduate degree course or the post graduate degree/diploma in India.

=> This scheme is also admissible for integrated courses (combined graduate and postgraduate course).
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?