7th August 2016, 05:06 PM
Unregistered

Should I pay the interest on education loan during the course? What is CSIS rule for this year?

Dear sir, I am studying in 3rd year of BE with Mechanical stream. I have taken an education loan from IOB last year. Now the bank manager ask for interest to the withdrawal loan. As per CSIS there is no interest for loan taken during the course and after 6 months of completion of course. Should I pay the interest?

Related Questions:
  1. What should I do if I want to get exemption in Education loan from CSIS?
  2. What is CSIS under Bank Education Loan scheme?
  3. How can I get the interest amount paid upon Education Loan back under CSIS Scheme of Central Government?
  4. Eligibility for CSIS scheme when already taken education loan from SBI bank and have an outstanding of Rs. 90,000? Benefits of CSIS scheme?
  5. Central Scheme to provide Interest Subsidy(CSIS) - 2014
  6. How to get interest subsidy from IOB for education loan?
  7. Can I get an Education Loan again to study M.E. if completed B.E. with an Education Loan?
  8. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount is still unpaid?
  9. Can I get Education Loan again to study in IIM if interest amount still unpaid?
  10. Can I apply for Education Loan for higher education if completed B.E. with Bank Education Loan?
  11. Whether the interest rates are counted from the next day of loan issued? -- [New]
  12. How much interest rate will be charged against an Education Loan of Rs. 8 Lacs? How and when I will get? When I have to pay after Graduation?
  13. What should I do if am not able to repay the education loan interest during study period? How can I buy some more time to pay the interest later?
  14. How can I get an Education Loan without paying interest during study period? -- [Most Discussed]
  15. Can I get an Education Loan to study in IIM if finished B.Tech through an Education Loan? -- [Most Discussed]
  16. IS there any interest free education loan available?
  17. What will happen if I could not pay on time the installment of an education loan which was taken against the house property?
  18. Which Bank offer cheapest Interest rates against Education Loan of Rs. 15 Lacs? Which is among Floating and Fixed interest rates better if want to repay before 1 year completing of education?
9th August 2016, 08:15 AM
SudeepKumarSaha
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Should I pay the interest on education loan during the course? What is CSIS rule for this year?

It is your wish to pay the interest or not during the study period. The bank will definitely advice you to pay the interest during the study period to facilitate its income. You can also receive a subsidy if you pay the interest regularly during the study period. You can get a rebate of 1℅ in the interest rate as subsidy if you pay the interest during the study period. As per rule, the interest will be computed as simple interest for the entire study period upto completion of six months from the year of passing.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?