15th September 2017, 10:16 PM
Unregistered

What to do if not paid education loan of SBI due to higher studies burden? Can I get subsidy?

Sir, I was taken an education loan of rupees 5 lakh from SBI at 11.5% interest rate in 2013 and now have completed course but got admission in Master degree. So, I can not pay the amount now. Please tell me what should I do now? Can I get subsidy?

24th September 2017, 11:24 PM
ajayrocks007
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What to do if not paid education loan of SBI due to higher studies burden? Can I get subsidy?

For subsidy on education loan, you need to provide income proof to the bank branch, in which you have your education loan account. Your family income should be below 6 lacs per annum to get any subsidy.

Also, make sure that you have got enrolled in a professional course. There is a central government subsidy scheme for education loan on professional courses.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?