10th May 2015, 11:08 PM
Unregistered

What is the procedure to follow for getting scholarship to do Masters in Fisheries in abroad?

How to study for masters in fisheries for abroad? what are the requirement to clear the scholarship exam for master in fisheries in abroad? please refer some books so that i can have a guidelines for my scholarship exam? I really need this information to proceed further.

4th April 2023, 06:15 AM
TalatNaazGujrati

Default Re: What is the procedure to follow for getting scholarship to do Masters in Fisheries in abroad?

Here are some tips to get scholarships for masters in fisheries program abroad:

Check scholarship opportunities: Research scholarships offered by universities abroad, government agencies, private organizations, etc. for fisheries masters. Some options are Fulbright scholarships, Chevening scholarships, DAAD scholarships,etc. Check eligibility, deadline and benefits of each scholarship.

Maintain high academic scores:Scholarship committees evaluate your academic excellence and potential. Make sure you have high scores in your bachelors degree, especially in relevant subjects. A high CGPA will strengthen your application.

Gain relevant experience:Having experience in fisheries research, projects, internships, etc. will be an added advantage for your application. Try to get at least 6-12 months of experience in a fisheries organization.

Prepare for English language tests:Most scholarships require a minimum score in IELTS, TOEFL or PTE. Start preparing for these at least 3-6 months before the deadline. You can develop vocabulary, grammar and take mock tests.

Submit a strong scholarship application: This should highlight your academic background, experience, key achievements, research interests, future goals, and how the program will benefit you. Get references from teachers who know you and your abilities well.

Prepare for interviews: Shortlisted candidates are invited for interviews, either in-person or via video call. Be ready to discuss your application in detail, ask questions and prepare some thoughtful insights about the program and field of study.

Definitely prepare for any entrance exams: Some universities may conduct their own entrance exams for admissions and scholarships. Check with them for details on syllabus, format, dates of any such exams for the program you intend to pursue.

Some useful resources for preparation are:

Past year entrance exam papers: To get familiar with exam format, pattern and level of questions.

Reference books on fisheries science and related subjects: Like fish breeding, aquaculture, finfish nutrition, fishery microbiology, fishery economics, etc. Authors like Jhingran, Day, Avault, etc.

Online courses and video tutorials: Coursera, Edx, NPTEL and many YouTubers offer courses on various fisheries topics.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?