20th December 2016, 05:04 PM
Unregistered

Will the GATE stipend be stopped permanently if got backlog in a paper of M.Tech 1st semester?

Hello sir, I am studying in 2nd semester of M.Tech and have failed in one paper of 1st semester. Will the GATE stipend stopped permanently or will the stipend be reissued after clearing the backlog paper?

27th December 2016, 10:28 PM
aashisranjan784
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Will the GATE stipend be stopped permanently if got backlog in a paper of M.Tech 1st semester?

GATE or GPAT qualified candidates are given stipend for pursuing Master's degree. As per latest rules and modification by University Grants Commission, it is Rs 12,400 per month. All those candidates who have qualified GATE and pursuing Master of Technology from any AICTE recognized institute get this stipend during whole duration of this course.

No, GATE stipend will not stop if you have got a backlog in any paper in first semester. There is certain grade fixed by every institute after first year of M.Tech for continuation of stipend. If your grade after first year of M.Tech is less than fixed grade by institute, you will not receive stipend. So, study well to score above that grade and clear your existing backlog along with regular exam for next semester.
21st January 2019, 05:40 PM
Unregistered

Default Re: Will the GATE stipend be stopped permanently if got backlog in a paper of M.Tech 1st semester?

I Have got Admission in M.Plan through GATE & i did't got any Stipend if i discontinue M.PLAN and take admission in another college with same GATE SCORE will i get Stipend
15th July 2020, 08:41 AM
Unregistered

if any stipend student gets any govt. job and he want to join the job and leave the m.tech , what should he do?
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?