31st May 2010, 08:47 PM

Default Re: How much score is needed in WBJEE to get an admission in GOVT ENGINEERING COLLEGES in WEST BENGAL?

hiiiiiii sir....... i jus wanna ask dat i gave medical exam in wbjee without domicile..... but i havnt got my rank.. wats the reason??

1. Can I get admission in government engineering college in West Bengal after scoring 2964 rank in WBJEE
  2. Can I get a government engineering college of West Bengal after scoring 13097 in WBJEE?
  3. Can I get an government college of WB after scoring 13097 in WBJEE?
  4. Top 15 Engineering Colleges of West Bengal
  5. Admission in any engineering branch in government colleges in West Bengal after scoring 7496 in WBJEE?
  6. Can I get in Government Engineering College of West Bengal or any private engineering college of Kolkata after scoring 20616 in WBJEE?
  7. Is it possible to get admission in Govt. Engineering colleges, if my SC rank in WBJEE is 1863? What are the courses available?
  8. Age criteria for WBJEE exam 2017 -- [New]
  9. Norms for appearing in WBCHSE Joint?
  10. Can I get admission in West Bengal Medical College for MBBS through WBJEE if completed 12th from Tamil Nadu but belonging to West Bengal?
  11. Eligibility criteria and procedure to apply for B.Ed. in West Bengal? List of colleges in West Bengal for B.Ed. course?
  12. Can I fill choices of private colleges of west bengal through AIEEE online councelling?
  13. Which colleges can I get between Civil, Electrical engineering in West Bengal after scoring 13000 in WBJEE? What is the admission fees for those colleges?
  14. What are the chances of getting admission in government engineering college in West Bengal after scoring 12000 rank?
  15. Can I get admission in any government engineering college of West Bengal after scoring 10479 rank in WBJEE? List of the government colleges in West Bengal?
  16. Is there any possibility to take admission in government engineering colleges in Karnataka after completing 12th from West Bengal? Procedure to apply?
  17. Counseling procedure conducted for admission in engineering colleges for WBJEE? How can we apply for 2nd counseling?
  18. Best colleges and branches that I can get in West Bengal having 10285 rank in WBJEE?
31st May 2010, 10:05 PM

Default Re: How much score is needed in WBJEE to get an admission in GOVT ENGINEERING COLLEGES in WEST BENGAL?

My wbjee rank is 9549...will i get in st.thomas coll of engg in d foll strm...CSE or ECE???
1st June 2010, 12:39 AM
9A2M00

you need a rank above 2000 to get at good govt. college.
there is jadavpur,shibpur & 5 govt. varsity
1st June 2010, 11:53 AM

i am sreya bhowmick. i have got 35259 rank in wbjee gen . my father is army retired. is there anty cota for it? wot all good private colleges can i get and what all streams?
2nd June 2010, 12:40 PM

How much score is needed in WBJEE to get an admission in GOVT ENGINEERING COLLEGES in WEST BENGAL?
2nd June 2010, 05:15 PM

i got 227th rank in st .can i get govt. colleges for electrical engineering?
2nd June 2010, 11:32 PM

Sir, my wbjee rank in eng. is 8683. Can I get admission in Technoindia or B.P.Poddar Institute of Technology?And in which stream?
3rd June 2010, 11:35 PM

i have got 587 rank in st category will i be able to getany college.....
4th June 2010, 11:09 PM

My rank is 16152 in wbjee.in which college i get into with this rank?plz rly soon.
5th June 2010, 11:13 AM

what are the possible colleges i can get into with a rank of 24000 in WBJEE
5th June 2010, 09:05 PM

my rank is 19000 in wbjee. where will i get admission?
7th June 2010, 02:21 PM
james armstrong

well what kind a score needed to get a rank within top-100?
plz tell
8th June 2010, 09:14 PM

Originally Posted by james armstrong View Post
well what kind a score needed to get a rank within top-100?
plz tell

Well I get expect at least 128 out of 200 in WBJEE can get you into TOP 100.

However, this score is not static, it is dynamic so just an average guess in 128 out of 200/

What do you think, what would be that score according to your understanding?

[SIZE=1]---------- Post added at 08:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:41 PM ----------[/SIZE]

please tell me my rank in wbjee 2010 in engineering if I score between 110-120?Can i get admission at Jadavpur or BESU?Pleas answer immediately.Thankyou.

Ye you can expect BESU.

That's because if someone is scoring 110-120 that means his/her rank would be within 1,000 and with it the candidate can expect BESU, Heritage, IEM like institutes, Bengal Institute of Technology etc. which are among the TOP institutes of west bengal.
10th June 2010, 03:26 PM
Rupak Hazra

Originally Posted by mimipaul View Post
my rank is 13352, will i get a chance in a government college?
or in any private college in Kolkata. How muc money is required for admission , and for full course.
10th June 2010, 10:07 PM

Which is the best college among the two? Mallabhum institute of technology or Aryabhatta institute which is in burdwan
Please reply, Reshma
10th June 2010, 10:15 PM

Smile Re: How much score is needed in WBJEE to get an admission in GOVT ENGINEERING COLLEGES in WEST BENGAL?

I have passed my 12th board from ISC this year scored 93.75%, which gives me a high possibility to get B.Sc in MATHS, PHYSICS and COMPUTER SCIENCE FROM St. XAVIERS COLLEGE,Kolkata.
Also I appeared for WBJEE 2010 and got 4708 rank in GENERAL category. I want to go for ELECTRICAL ENGINEERING, COMP. SC. ENGINEERING or INFORMATIO TECHNOLOGY.
Also I didn%u2019t qualify for IIT this year and my AIEEE was bad. So I have two options B.Sc or engineering from WB.
Please help me and let me know which college I will get and which college I should choose as per my marks and rank.
My parents say I won%u2019t get colleges better than MSIT (Meghnad Shah Institute of Technology). So I should better go for B.Sc. Please let me know which option I should choose as I am totally confused where to go.
Let me know as soon as possible.

St Xaviers is a good college. Go for BSc. There are lot of engineers nowadays.The engineers from the government engineering college are most likely to get placement. These private engineering colleges doesn't guarantee so . So better go for BSc as you have good marks in ISC. BEST OF LUCK
12th June 2010, 08:52 PM

i have got 26373 rank in wbjee,can i get good college in west bengal.
13th June 2010, 01:52 PM

Cool Re: How much score is needed in WBJEE to get an admission in GOVT ENGINEERING COLLEGES in WEST BENGAL?

St Xaviers is a good college. Go for BSc. There are lot of engineers nowadays.The engineers from the government engineering college are most likely to get placement. These private engineering colleges doesn't guarantee so . So better go for BSc as you have good marks in ISC. BEST OF LUCK
who told you that only government colleges give placement and private colleges dont.. you dumbhead you know nothing..you mean only IIT's and NIT's give placements...??????the value of a B.Tech degree is more than a ordinary B.sc degree. dont go for st.xaviers and if you wana take admission go outside kolkata ..there is no scope inside WB.drop one year and prepare for next year... good luck ....
15th June 2010, 05:33 PM

my rank is 28000 , can i get into private colleges like pailan???
15th June 2010, 05:45 PM
pinnache

you need to score within 5000 to qualify for 8 govt. colleges in west bengal.
rest your chances.
18th June 2010, 08:35 PM

Dear Sir I have obtained wbjeeb 2010 in 54096 rank can i admisstion any government collage in best bangal. am also obtained marks in AIEEE in 410403 rank in 2010. please reply me listed collage
Ajit.....akb
19th June 2010, 01:51 PM

MY RANK IN WBJEE IS 4598 N IN AIEEE IT IS 44522. I BELONG TO GENERAL CATEGORY. CAN I GET ADMISSION IN SHIBPUR OR KALYANI ENGINEERING COLLEGES.
SAINI BASU
19th June 2010, 01:54 PM

if i am not a resident of west bengal ,whether i will get admission in west bengal?
22nd June 2010, 01:06 AM

MY RANK IN WBJEE IS 4598 N IN AIEEE IT IS 44522. I BELONG TO GENERAL CATEGORY. CAN I GET ADMISSION IN SHIBPUR OR KALYANI ENGINEERING COLLEGES.
SAINI BASU

No dear you can not expect either BESU or Kalyani through you WBJEE rank. Atleast a rank within 800 is required for getting in.

And one Important thing is that BESU do not except AIEEE score. Admission is truely based on WBJEE. But according to latest news caoming is that soon BESU will be promoted to IIEST (Indian Institute of Engineering,Science and Technology) means an NIT and then the whole admission will be based on AIEEE and at that time WBJEE will not be of any use.

However, you can expect Kalyani through your AIEEE rank, only if your state rank is within 500. And as you say your AIR is 44,522 I can expect your state rank within 500. However even if your state rank is crossing nothing to worry still there is hope.

Dont worry just appear for WBJEE + AIEEE joint councelling which has been scheduled to held on 3 july in Netaji Indoor Stadium.

~Faiyaz~
22nd June 2010, 08:35 AM
August

hiii dear frnd

Govt. colleges west bengal are JU,BESU,jalpaiguri,kalyni,

out of these colleges JU & BESU closes around wbjee rank 800.

if u opt for jalpaiguri ,kalyani or any other college than u should have rank below 2500 wbjee all india rank.

all the best .

u can ask any doubt .dont hesitate 4 that .
22nd June 2010, 12:18 PM
Amritansu subh

Dear the following are the last years cutoff

Jadavpur University:1-500 (However,last year closing rank was 365 in construction engineering).

Bengal Engineering and Science University (BESU):Rank in WBJEE- 1-800.(However,last year closing rank was 637).

Kalyani Government Engineering college:1-750.

Jalpaiguri Government Engineering college:1-3,000 (IAF also conducts campusing here Under Fast Track entry Scheme).

i think you can get a good goverment colleges if you get more than 125
22nd June 2010, 01:56 PM

My wbjee rank is 12307.can i get siliguri eng. College?
22nd June 2010, 05:11 PM
Kumar Mayank

Yes,with that score you can definetly get admitted in kalyani and jalpaiguri.Jadavpur and besu may also be taking you in some of the streams.
"Best of luck"
22nd June 2010, 05:28 PM
Kumar Mayank

That is not a bad score at all.You can expect a rank within 10000."Best of luck"
22nd June 2010, 05:40 PM
Kumar Mayank

It depends on which stream you choose. Still a rank below 2000 makes a definite chance of getting admitted in JU.
25th June 2010, 05:04 PM

Originally Posted by rupak hazra View Post
or in any private college in kolkata. How muc money is required for admission , and for full course.
in ayn govt. College or in any private college in kolkata
30th June 2010, 02:44 PM

i got rank 19000 in uptu & obc rank is 5000 can i get any goverment college or university. please tell me the college &university name.
1st July 2010, 12:13 AM
Bella

hey friend if you have scored more than 60% then you will get admission in the GOVT ENGINEERING COLLEGES very easily.........and if you are a defense person son/daughter then you may apply through defence quota so that if you have not score well even after that you you have the chance of getting it through reserved quota........

best wises
3rd July 2010, 10:06 PM

sir i have ranked 5770 in sc catagory which engineering college can i expect in west bengal.
5th July 2010, 11:49 AM

sir i have ranked 5770 in sc catagory which engineering college can i expect in west bengal.

Well, even being a SC/ST candidate score of 5770 is not very much good Rank, but enough to get good branch in Good institute.

Councelling is going on in Saltlake Stadium, just go and appear for it Councelling for SC/ST candidate will take place till 10th-12th of July.

Dont worry you can expect some good colleges like- Seacom Group, Future Group, Pailan Group etc.........

~Faiyaz~
5th July 2010, 12:26 PM
sandy B

hello dear,it is not possiable to say exactly.as it varies year to year.

1.averagely to chance in the reputated govt college(like jadavpur university,shibpur university,kolyani university) you have score 150 to 175.
2.to get chance in the other govt college you have to score 110to 140.

best of luck.....
5th July 2010, 12:33 PM
karthu

Smile Re: How much score is needed in WBJEE to get an admission in GOVT ENGINEERING COLLEGES in WEST BENGAL?

Originally Posted by rishabhmaity View Post
how much score is needed in WBJEE to get an admission in GOVT ENGINEERING COLLEGES in WEST BENGAL?
Hai
In Faculty of engg & tach, jadavpur university,the rank detailas are as follows:

architecturepening rank-4315, closing rank-1341
chemical engg: 460, 891
civil engg: 467,946
comp.sc & engg: 18, 167
construction tech: 1087,1360
electrical engg:97,294
electronics & comm. engg: 1, 79
IT: 327,795
instrumentation engg: 183, 442
mechanical engg: 146, 452
printing engg: 1263,3825
production engg: 475, 842
6th July 2010, 09:36 PM

my rank is 2688 which sub i can get in govt college of kalyani?
6th July 2010, 09:43 PM

The campasing news in ITin govt college of kalyani?
7th July 2010, 09:48 AM

GOT 5119 RANK IN WBJEE 2010 CAN GET GOOD ENGG COLLEGE IN W.B
8th July 2010, 02:15 PM

my rank is 2688 which sub i can get in govt college of kalyani?

Sorry dear you can not expect even a seat in Kalyani.

For getting into Kalyani you have required a rank at least within 800 in WBJEE.

GOT 5119 RANK IN WBJEE 2010 CAN GET GOOD ENGG COLLEGE IN W.B

Yes of course, your Rank is good enough to get into some good institutes of Kolkata like- Techno Group, Pailan Group, Seacom Group, Future Group etc. and you can also expect branch of your choice.
8th July 2010, 02:27 PM
nitishinmit

hi friend
for getting admission in goverment colleges your rank should be within 2000.
9th July 2010, 02:02 PM

My rank in wbjee 2010 is 11,528.which college is good for me. plz help me
9th July 2010, 02:05 PM

My rank in wbjee 2010 is 11,528.which college is good for me. plz help me
10th July 2010, 06:36 PM

This one is a reverse question..
My rank is 4242...
What you predict my score would be in WBJEE 2010, engineering?
I'm a non-bengali student.
Suggest the best possible college for me. I want CSE or Mechanical. Do focus on both streams individually. Urgent answer required.
My counselling is tomorrow only.
-Sunny
11th July 2010, 10:16 AM
vike

Dear Friend
Its really bit difficult to suggest directly a college. I would suggest you to join the counseling and to opt the college according to your branch preference and college ranking.

Top 10 Engineering Colleges in West Bengal are:

Faculty of Engineering
Jadavpur University, Kolkata. Ph: +91-33-24146000
www.jadavpur.edu/

Bengal Engineering and Science University(Shibpur)
Howrah, West Bengal. Ph: +91-33-26684561
http://www.becs.ac.in

Kalyani Govt. Engineering College
Nadia, West Bengal. E-mail: [email protected]
http://kgec.edu.in

Marine Engineering & Research Institute
Kolkata, West Bengal. Ph: +91-33-24014673
http://www.caluniv.ac.in/academic/academic_frame.htm

University Institute of Technology
Burdawan University, West Bengal. Ph: + 91-342-2533913

Govt. College of Engineering. & Ceramic Technology
Kolkata, West Bengal. Ph: +91-33- 23701264
http://www.gcect.ac.in

Institute of Jute Technology
Kolkata, West Bengal. Ph: +91-33- 24615444
http://www.ijtindia.org

B.P. Poddar Institute of Management & Technology
VIP Road, Kolkata. Ph: +91-33-25739607
http://www.bppint.ac.in/

Institute of Engineering and Management
Electronic complex, Kolkata. Ph: +91-33-23578189
http://www.iemcal.com/

Some other famous college of west bengal are:

Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia

Heritage College Kolkata

Asansol Engg College Asansol

Camellia school of engg and tech

Dr. B C Roy

Birbhum Inst of tech and mgmt

I think according to your rank you will get one of the above colleges. Kindly give your options from top.
If you have any doubt for branch preference then first think yourself about your choice and future ambition both.
Mechanical is core branch and really equipped with great opportunities.
24th July 2010, 05:16 PM

How much score is needed in WBJECA to get an admission in GOVT ENGINEERING COLLEGES in WEST BENGAL?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24th July 2010, 05:21 PM

How much score is needed in WBJECA to get an admission in Haldia Institute of Technology, Haldia?
2nd August 2010, 07:16 PM

Is seacom college is one of the best private colleges of west bengal for ece?How its placement record?
3rd August 2010, 02:06 AM

Is seacom college is one of the best private colleges of west bengal for ece?How its placement record?

Yes more or less..........!

Seacom has benchmarked by his Marine Engineering, courses like ECE, CSE etc are added much later.

But yes now Seacom Group has emerged as oe of the best private engineering colleges of Bengal.

Cant provide exact statics, but I think its last year placement was 69%.