16th March 2011, 01:36 PM
rahul.loove

M.Tech without qualifying GATE exam?

Sir,this year i appeared in gate but not qualified.Bacause i get 8.9 marks.So,is it possible to get a chance to do m.tech.Is it keep any value that i appeared in gate?

Related Questions:
  1. Can I get admission in mtech if my GATE score is just above qualifying score? -- [Most Discussed]
  2. Eligibility for Mtech, MTech(Res), Phd in streams like Biotechnology/Biomedical Engineering after Qualifying GATE? I am B.Pharm. student
  3. How to take admission in M.Tech after qualifying GATE in EEE stream?
  4. GATE Qualifying Rank for MTECH IIT and Scholarships?
  5. MTech admission in computer science and engineering without qualifying GATE exam?
  6. List of M.Tech colleges after qualifying GATE and have completed B.Sc in Agri-biotechnology? -- [New]
  7. In which colleges can I get admission for M.Tech after qualifying for GATE exam?
  8. Can I do M.Tech after B.E.? Is GATE compulsory?
  9. Will there be any Government Job Opportunities after qualifying in GATE Exam? Is this possible to do Ph.D after qualifying in GATE Exam?
  10. How should I join M.Tech? I have qualifying in GATE
  11. How to join M.Tech after qualifying GATE
  12. What if GATE 2015 score is just below qualifying marks?
  13. Starting date to fill the online application form for M.Tech under GNDU? Am I eligible for M.Tech without qualifying for GATE exam?
  14. How many seats of M.Tech are there in IIT of electronics engineering
  15. Can I apply for scholarship now after qualifying GATE in my 2nd semester of M.Tech?
  16. Which course is better for me between ME and M.Tech to get Jobs in Software Industries being a student from ECE stream? Which Entrance Exams should I go for this?
  17. Possibility to get admission in M.Tech electronics in Hyderabad after scoring 9.33 in GATE with 16.67 qualifying marks?
  18. M.Tech(control & instrumentation) without qualifying GATE and score 48?
16th March 2011, 02:14 PM
Abhya_87

Default Re: M.Tech without qualifying GATE exam?

Dude..its possible but not under government scholarship ..
u'll get admission to REC's by apperaing for their entrance tests
Scope for admission to any institue through gate sems very very slim (actually 0) as your score is v low
All IIt's req. gate qualified.
16th March 2011, 03:34 PM
alonepluto

You can apply for many colleges because many seats are remained vacant in M Tech. If you have good percentage in your B Tech then you can get good college.But you will not get the scholarship provided by HRD ministry.Best of luck.
16th March 2011, 04:07 PM
rks@estate
Senior Member+

Hiiii,

YES, you can do M.Tech. without qualifying GATE exam.

On the merit basis of B.E. or B.Tech. you can take admission in M.Tech.

All the Best
16th March 2011, 05:52 PM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)M.Tech Without Qualifying GATE Exam?

-->you can do M.Tech without GATE Qualification Mark, by Management Quota,for that you will not get Scholarship

-->Otherwise you can go for TANCET Exam,Conduced by Anna University for M.E/M.Tech every year it will be conducted in July and Start of Registration will be from April Month

-->Every university will Conduct Entrance Exam for M.E/M.Tech,University like MGR university,Annamalai University,Sathyabama University,Vellore Institute of Technology Etc....

-->Syllabus are Common Technical Question,Mathematic and Aptitude Section

All the Best
16th March 2011, 07:12 PM
Somesh Goenka
Senior Member+++

There are many private colleges across our country that also offer direct admission to candidates.

That category comes under the management quota.

So if you willling shell out a hefty amount, then you can apply for direct admission.

Also, few colleges which are not top ranked might offer you a seat in their college with your GATE score.

For eg:You can try a college named "Marudhar Engineering College,Bikaner,Rajasthan"

For details of this college, visit:

www.marudhar.ac.in

This college will definitely offer you a seat in its MTEch course as mostly its seats remains empty.

However, I will advice you to prepare for one more year and then give the GATE exam again next year. Hopefully the One year's preparation will bear fruits for you.

Good Luck!
16th March 2011, 07:25 PM
Abhinav1990

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul.loove View Post
Sir,this year i appeared in gate but not qualified.Bacause i get 8.9 marks.So,is it possible to get a chance to do m.tech.Is it keep any value that i appeared in gate?
well gate marks has its importance according to cut-off marks u can be asked 4 direct interview for few compnies with the help of ur gate marks.....
16th March 2011, 07:53 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

hi..
there are many colleges which offer m.tech degree and take admission without the gate score ,
mostly such colleges conduct there own entrance tests and take admission on the basis of the score in that exam.
some of such colleges are
1.vellure institute of technology
2.kalinga institute of technology
3.birla institute of technology,pilani
4.manipal institute of technology
there is no value for just appearing in the gate exam until you clear the exam
16th March 2011, 08:25 PM
arvind_singh
Banned

i dont think it will be easy for you to get admission to recognized college so it would be

better if you prepare again for exam and this time try to remove all error which you did

this time it will help you to get good marks and also good college help you to get good

jobs so prepare again .you may get admission under management quota but i don't think

that college will be good enough to provide you good job .

as you know many colleges providing you MTECH degree but not job so prepare again

and try to do good .
17th March 2011, 07:51 AM
priyanka_swengg
Senior Member+++++

There is only one acknowledged exam for doing m.tech is GATE EXAM which make you to enter into top universities like IIT's ,NIT,DELHI UNVERSITY,JNTU,OSMANIA UNIVERSITY and many more top other university ..

gate marks are applicable for all colleges and it is valid for 2 years ..
some private colleges conduct their own exams too but most of university consider gate exam..marks

But yes you can take admission into M.TECH without writing gate that is in some private colleges with high donation but if you write GATE and with good rank you can get admission into good university and even with getting scholarship while studying so choice is yours!!!!!!!
17th March 2011, 08:51 AM
Shine_14

I think GATE is the only qualifying exam through you get admission in M.Tech,
And in simple words its a combine examination so you have to appear in this examination enables you to be a part of India Topmost education colleges like IITs, NIITs so do not think about going to M.Tech courses without appear in the GATE exam.
Although if you are really not at all interested in appearing for GATE exam due to some reason then you can also do M.Tech from some private institution by good donation,
But i think they also need some Gate Score Card.
Anyways you can go for M.Tech without GATE exam but surely it would be really good for your carrier if you go through GATE.
17th March 2011, 11:15 AM
sanjay kumar saini
Senior Member+

Hi,

yes you can take admission into M.TECH without writing GATE. there are some private colleges which takes direct admission with high donation.

If you take admission by GATE EXAM you enter into top universities like-

IIT's ,NIT,DELHI UNVERSITY,JNTU,OSMANIA UNIVERSITs

and many more top other university ..

gate marks are applicable for all colleges and it is valid for 2 years .
17th March 2011, 11:40 AM
ravisaravanan

it depend on your gate marks..only two years are valid you gate marks..most of the colleges take students with high donations they are not taken by their marks...
hope u get selected..
my best wishes...
17th March 2011, 02:35 PM
sumitkumarsharma
Senior Member+

Wink Re: M.Tech without qualifying GATE exam?

Dear friend this is possible in the private college only ....................

because only one exam is conduct for M.TECH and that is GATE...............

If you want to go in good college then you are only eligible from GATE SCORE CARD...............

If you are not qualify this year then you can do try for next year.............
17th March 2011, 06:59 PM
Abhinav1990

Quote:
well gate makes ur admission for m.tech very easy u can try some private institution with ur gate marks....there are certain institution which used to take admission based on their gate marks
17th March 2011, 07:04 PM
noddy11

Thumbs up Re: M.Tech without qualifying GATE exam?

Hello friend,

Yes you can take admission into M.TECH without writing gate in some private colleges with management seats giving them high donation but if you write GATE and with good rank you can get admission into good university and even with getting scholarship while studying so choice is yours.

I suggest you to try again and don't go for management seats. But its at last your decision.

All the BEST For Your Future
17th March 2011, 07:49 PM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

If You Are Interested To Get Admission In M.tech Course, Then I Will Suggest You Just Appear For GATE Entrance Examination, Because After Clear The GATE Exams With Good Marks, You Will Get Admission In Top M.tech Colleges.

If You Have Already Appeared The GATE Examination And Not Qualify The GATE Exams, then Please Dont Worry, Just Apply For GATE Exams Once Again, So That You Will Scored Good Marks In This Time To get Admission In Top Colleges.

Because There Is No Restriction To Apply For GATE Exams, You Can Apply For GATE Exams,Number Of Times You Want.

But, If You Want Direct Admission In M.TECH Course, Then There are Manny Private Colleges In india, Who Give Direct Admission In M.tech Course Without Any Entrance Exams Or They Will Conducts Its Own Entrance Examination.

But I Will Suggest You To Appear For The GATE Exams Once Again, So That You Will get Admission In Top M.tech Colleges Of India.

So, Please Work Hard, Then definitely You Will Get Sucess In GATE Entrance Examination.
17th March 2011, 07:57 PM
mobeshpal
Senior Member+++++

if you are not eligible to get qualify mark in gate you donot worry about

try it best in next time till you have got the pesence

and best of luck for next time
17th March 2011, 08:00 PM
ashok880
Senior Member++++

You can do the M-tech,without GATE exam also.

To get admission you have to pay to much amount of money for the colleges,though the colleges are not that much good in position as IIT colleges.

So why to waste that much huge amount in type of colleges,so better to apply for the GATE exam this year.

And prepare for the exam,definitely you will qualify and been getting admission in one of the IIT colleges.
17th March 2011, 10:22 PM
PournimaBala

You can check for local entrance tests. Like TANCET is available for REC inTamil nadu. Likewise find out if there are any other entrance exams available . if so appear for them now. try re taking the Gate next year.
17th March 2011, 11:44 PM
er.varunchawla

Quote:
hello

you can do m.tech surely although you have not cracked GATE exam.......

it is a better option to choose ...

so don't get confused and go for it without any fear,,

thank you...
18th March 2011, 08:51 AM
Abhya_87

Thumbs up Re: M.Tech without qualifying GATE exam?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somesh Goenka View Post

However, I will advice you to prepare for one more year and then give the GATE exam again next year. Hopefully the One year's preparation will bear fruits for you.

Good Luck!
Exactly..I tooo agree to that..b fully focused and study for GATE...it'll not elevate your knowledge but also very well reveal you what exactly is your interest (subject, REasearch/job, stuff like that)
However is al about you..choose wisely
Best of luck
18th March 2011, 12:21 PM
soumyasmruti

Location: Flat No:- 205, Omm Ville, Shree vihar, BHUBANESWAR, Orissa, India

Yuu can apply for private universities like
1. VIT
2. SRM
3. KIIT
4. MAHE

by their's own examination. and do an M Tech there, but you will not eligible for GATE scholarship.
28th March 2011, 05:20 AM
saswat1989
Senior Member+

Hi
To do MTECH without appearing for GATE you should go for the private universities entrance exams .
However its good to go for MTECH through gate and try IITS or NITS.
17th April 2011, 02:09 PM
Unregistered

i have got 17 marks.in this year of examination. . Can i able to crack Gate exam in next year.??
2nd June 2011, 10:04 PM
Unregistered

Hi, I really appreciate your effort to guide others. Before I ask you the question,I would like to inform you something about me.I am an average student and didn't even scored first class marks in engineering.I will pass out in 2011(this year) in Electronics and Communication and currently I am placed in an I.T company.My job profile is to support I.T infrastructure mostly deals with servers.I think, i would hardly get to implement things that I studied in graduation.I want to pursue M.tech in Electronics and Communication or telecommunication to work in that domain. My question is which college is suitable for me and how do I prepare for various entrance exam including GATE and ENAT.Moreover, should i join the IT company or prepare hard and try to qualify in Gate exam next year (2012).Also please mention some Online study materials that will be helpful for me to recollect the concepts and to prepare for entrance test. Regards Guneet
9th June 2011, 02:34 PM
Unregistered

My gate score is 168 and all india rank is 32176. my degree percentage is 69%.. can i get admission in M.Tech in any good colleges. which colleges are offering M.TECH considering marks of degree????
14th June 2011, 02:02 AM
sachin6

hi,

without gate exam entry is very difficult in government quota.

but you tried for management quota.

all the best$$$$$$$$$$$$$
29th June 2011, 08:15 PM
Unregistered

hai.. now iam doing b-tech mechanical final year.i would like 2 join m-tech mining..
is dr any entrance exam universites.....
plz sugest d university names and d enterance exams for d universities
and give d details about gate score for mining...
11th July 2011, 03:36 PM
Unregistered

Default The GATE Academy

GATE is not about solving objective type problems. Its about practicing right set of concepts. Evaluate your self by taking the Free ALL INDIA SCHOLARSHIP TEST Conducted by The GATE Academy - Forum of IIT/ IISc graduates (www.thegateacademy.com) on 7th of August. Register now!!
14th July 2011, 10:36 AM
Unregistered

i have done my B.E.electronics in 1999 from nagpur university.now i wish to do mtech course there is some idea about this course.
can i get the direct admission in mtech electronic course for nagpur ? if there is a scope then tell me the name of colleges for nagpur
15th July 2011, 11:48 PM
Snehamay ganguly
Senior Member+++++

dear friend,
Yes, you can do M.tech without qualifying GATE..
Non GATE candidates have to appear in entrance exams of different universities in which he/she wants to take admission..
After clearing the entrance exams you can take admission through counseling...
so, not to worry.. there are lots of universities those offer entrance exam for M.tech..
All the best..
1st August 2011, 03:35 PM
vipin bihari chaturvedi

You can apply for many colleges because many seats are remained vacant in M Tech. If you have good percentage in your B Tech then you can get good college.But you will not get the scholarship provided by HRD ministry.
Non GATE candidates have to appear in entrance exams of different universities in which he/she wants to take admission..
so, not to worry.. there are lots of universities those offer entrance exam for M.tech..
All the best
10th August 2011, 09:00 AM
DN358
Banned

FRIEND YOU Scope for admission to any institue through gate sems very very slim (actually 0) as your score is v low
All IIt's req. gate qualified
10th August 2011, 09:01 AM
DN358
Banned

FRIEND YOU Non GATE candidates have to appear in entrance exams of different universities in which he/she wants to take admission..
All the best..
10th August 2011, 09:04 AM
DN358
Banned

You can check for local entrance tests. Like TANCET is available for REC inTamil nadu. Likewise find out if there are any other entrance exams available . if so appear for them now. try re taking the Gate next year.
24th September 2011, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

ya u can also get m.tech admission in private clgs with out gate score.but depends up on fee structure only.if you have money like 50000 per semister u can get m.tech admission this year only.other wise one year loose......al the best for your future.
24th September 2011, 12:32 AM
Unregistered

ya u can also get m.tech admission in private clgs with out gate score.but depends up on fee structure only.if you have money like 50000 per semister u can get m.tech admission this year only.other wise one year loose......al the best for your future.
25th September 2011, 12:17 AM
Unregistered

Is there any possible to do m.tech in distance mode at Hyderabad ?
3rd November 2011, 07:01 PM
Unregistered

can anybody know about the government order (G.O) number which will tell educational institutes to fill their m.tech management quota seats with the students who have b.tech 1st class percentage?
27th December 2011, 11:58 PM
joblesswork

YES, you can do M.Tech. without qualifying GATE exam.

On the merit basis of B.E. or B.Tech. you can take admission in M.Tech.
17th January 2012, 12:14 PM
Unregistered

will osmania university accepts pgecet score for mtech
17th January 2012, 10:05 PM
GUNDA DIVYA

Quote:

Hi,
You can do your M.tech without Gate if your percentage is well sufficient.

Many top colleges provides you seats but the only thing is you can't get any scholarship.

Through PGCET also you can do M.tech but not possible in top colleges.

All the very best.......
14th February 2012, 06:56 PM
Unregistered

HAI...........

1)M.Tech Without Qualifying GATE Exam?

-->you can do M.Tech without GATE Qualification Mark, by Management Quota,for that you will not get Scholarship

-->Otherwise you can go for TANCET Exam,Conduced by Anna University for M.E/M.Tech every year it will be conducted in July and Start of Registration will be from April Month

-->Every university will Conduct Entrance Exam for M.E/M.Tech,University like MGR university,Annamalai University,Sathyabama University,Vellore Institute of Technology Etc....

-->Syllabus are Common Technical Question,Mathematic and Aptitude Section

All the Best
14th February 2012, 08:05 PM
Unregistered

HAI........
There are many private colleges across our country that also offer direct admission to candidates.

That category comes under the management quota.

So if you willling shell out a hefty amount, then you can apply for direct admission.

Also, few colleges which are not top ranked might offer you a seat in their college with your GATE score.

For eg:You can try a college named "Marudhar Engineering College,Bikaner,Rajasthan"

For details of this college, visit:

www.marudhar.ac.in

This college will definitely offer you a seat in its MTEch course as mostly its seats remains empty.

Good Luck!
24th January 2013, 07:38 PM
infoysis
Senior Member+++

Quote:
To get admission for M.tech course you have to qualified in any of the Examination GATE / AIEEE / BITSAT/ TANCET . Then only you may get admission for M.tech course . Without the Entrance Examination score card you may not get admission for M.tech course

So, If your qualified in this Entrance Examination then you may get admission in top M.tech colleges .

M.tech stands for Master of Technology . The duration of the course is for two years and the course is divided into four semester and this course having good scope in both the private as well as Government sectors .

If your interested in M.tech course then you should complete Bachelor of Engineering / Bachelor of Technology with good percentage of marks from recognized university . The Admission for M.tech course is based on the Entrance Examination percentage of marks and Bachelor degree scores . So, If your score good percentage of marks in Entrance Examination then you may get admission for M.tech course .

GATE :- Graduate Aptitude Test of Engineering . To apply for this Examination you have to qualified in B.E/B.tech or Master degree in science stream from recognized university . Final year candidate may also eligible to apply for this Examination .

The question for GATE Examination based on Objective types question with Multiple choice . To crack this Examination please ask your elders about this Examination and Get Collect the Information and go through the previous year question papers . You have to contact with GATE Examination experts and Experience persons . So that they may help you to crack this Examination .

There is no restriction to apply for this Examination . There are so lot of private colleges in Indian accept the GATE Examination score card .

So, I suggest to appear for GATE Examination once Again , So that you may get admission for M.tech course in reputed Institutions in India .

So, If you work hard then you may crack the GATE Examination with good percentage of marks .
15th February 2013, 10:22 PM
Unregistered

hello sir ,
i got 23 marks in gate this year(2013) any chance to get any sit in good clg .plsss give me list of the clg .where i can apply .?
15th February 2013, 11:57 PM
yashwar sharma S.G.
Senior Member++

FOR Non Gate candidates,you can apply to the following institute which are also good as compared to IITs and NITs. You can apply to the respective colleges.

You can apply for:

NIT Durgapur

NIT silchar

NIT Agartala
, in these institutes,there are self sponsored seats where you can get seats according to written test and interview. You can also apply to some of the best private institutions like:

VIT University

SRM University

IIIT Bangalore

IIT Hyderabad

VIT University

You can apply to the respective colleges for it,all the best for your future.
12th March 2013, 12:29 AM
Unregistered

I got 24 marks in Gate 2013 and qualifiyig marks are 25 so how many colleges are there and in which college i can get admission?
19th March 2013, 12:17 PM
Unregistered

i want to do m.tech in deemed university's. and i got 77% in my b.tech. can u tell me that any university providing m.tech seat based on my b.tech %
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?