6th July 2016, 02:41 PM
Unregistered

What is the eligibility criteria and educational qualification for joining the post of ACP in Delhi Police?

Hello sir, I am very interested to become ACP in Delhi Police. What is the eligibility criteria and educational qualification for joining the post of ACP in Delhi Police?

6th July 2016, 08:37 PM
Aswiniteju
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria and educational qualification for joining the post of ACP in Delhi Police?

Educational qualification Required for the post of ACP in Delhi Police:

The basic educational qualification required and age criteria required are given below.

>> Candidates must have completed "Graduation" from a recognized university.

>> You must have working knowledge of Drafting and office procedure and accounts.

>> The minimum age required is 18 years and the maximum age must not exceed 25 years for this ACP post in Delhi Police recruitment.

7th July 2016, 11:19 AM
Khurit
Senior Member+

Default Re: What is the eligibility criteria and educational qualification for joining the post of ACP in Delhi Police?

To become ACP one must be graduate from a recognized university in any faculty. Your age must be between 21 years to 32 years & there are age relaxation for SC/ST/OBC/PWD.

A candidate will have to face Civil Service Exam which is conducted by Union Public Service Commission for different posts. Stages are Preliminary Test, Written Exam & Interview.If you selected then physical test. I have attached the notification for this year UPSC exam for your reference.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf UPSC Civil Service 2016.pdf(653.2 KB, 44 views)

7th July 2016, 11:57 PM
Program complete
Senior Member++

To become an ACP(Assistant Commissioner of Police) you have to qualify civil services exam choosing IPS that stands for India police services .

Eligibility criteria to join IPS exam:-

1. Should be graduate from recognized university.

2. Age should be for General :- 21-30 yrs.
OBC :- 21-33 yrs.
SC/ST :- 21-35 yrs.

3. Should be citizen of India.

4. Male or Female both can apply

8th July 2016, 01:21 AM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

ACP is an acronym for Assistant Commissioner of Police. No direct recruitment is made for the post of ACP. IPS officers get ACP rank through promotion. To become an IPS officer,one needs to clear Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC.

Eligibility criteria for the Civil Services Exam are as under:-

-The candidate must have citizenship of India.

-The candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized college or university with any percentage.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general category.Age is relaxed for OBC by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-Selection stages :

* Preliminary Test,

* Main Exam, and

* Personality test.

Do you have any question? or have anything to say?