8th January 2016, 08:19 AM
Unregistered

Can i become ACP on the basis of Graduation in English?

Sir, I have done my graduation degree in english subject. I want to become an ACP in police department. So i want to know if i can become an ACP after completing my graduation?

8th January 2016, 05:18 PM
jagrity7
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Can i become ACP on the basis of Graduation in English?

ACP stands for Assistant Commissioner of Police. There is not any provision for direct recruitment for the post of ACP. IPS officers get ACP rank through promotion. To become an IPS officer,one has to write Civil Services Exam conducted by UPSC every year.

The eligibility criteria for the civil services exam are as under:-

-The candidate must be a citizen of India.

-The candidate should have completed graduation in any discipline from recognized college or university with any percentage.

-The candidate age should be in between 21 years to 32 years for general category.Age is relaxed for OBC candidates by 3 years and 5 years for SC/ST candidates.

-The selection procedure consists of different stages,namely;

* Preliminary Examination consist of two objective type papers i.e., General Studies and CSAT(Civil Service Aptitude Test) of 200 marks for each paper .

* Mains Examination consist of 7 conventional type papers of 1800 marks .

* Personal Interview & Group Discussion.
8th January 2016, 11:08 PM
kantraman

The candidate who want to become ACP should be graduate in any stream with age limit of 18 to 25 years.And having speed of 80/40 words per minutes in english and 80/30 words per minutes in hindi.
9th January 2016, 10:13 PM
sunilpati
Senior Member+++++

ACP Stands for Assistant Commissioner Of Police To get this job you have to appear UPSC Civil Service Exam (IPS) Exam . The eligibility criteria for IPS exam .

*The candidates should be a citizen Of India.
*The Candidates should be a graduate in any discipline from a recognize university.
The final year students can also apply for this exams.
*The age limit is 21 - 30 years.
There is a age relaxation for SC/ST & OBC candidates.

The physical details require for IPS Officers :

Physical requirement:

Height :–

Male 165 cm & ST (not the SC/ OBC) – 160 cm

Female 150 cm & ST (not SC/ OBC)- 145 cm

Chest :–

Male Minimum 84 cm. Expansion 5 cm.

Female Min 79 cm expansion 5 cm.

Eye sight :–

6/6 or 6/9 distant vision for good eye.

6/12 or 6/9 for worst eye.

For more details visit website of UPSC.
http://www.upsc.gov.in
10th January 2016, 12:47 AM
ShreeRocks
Senior Member+++++

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
Sir, I have done my graduation degree in english subject. I want to become an ACP in police department. So i want to know if i can become an ACP after completing my graduation?
Yes, an aspirant can become Assistant Commissioner of Police after graduation in English. There are two ways, one is to join as SI in police department and after some years of experience, the aspirant gets promotion from one post to the other to become ACP and the other is that, the aspirant has to appear for IPS examinations to become ACP. The IPS examinations are conducted by the UPSC. There are Preliminary Exam, Mains Exam and Interview to become an IPS officer. The eligibility for the preliminary exam is a graduation from any stream. The website link of UPSC is given http://www.upsc.gov.in/
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?