22nd September 2010, 11:48 PM
helpmaster

Default Re: Can I take third attempt in IIT JEE?

There is only two attempts for IIT jee exams + 60% in 10+2
29th September 2010, 10:00 PM
Unregistered

Hey buddy dont be depressed as i also appeared 2 times in iit jee and didnt succeed,but i m doing b.tech from dce and will prepare for gate.so kindly do the same and have a bright future ALL THE BEST
30th September 2010, 12:01 AM
teeks
Senior Member+

you can not appear for 3rd times ok dear you can apply for aieee,uptu,rptu.
30th September 2010, 06:21 AM
avinash kr.
Banned

no you can not the third attempt in iitjee. only two time you can attemp in iitjee. first in 12th appearing and 2nd after 12th.. thanking you......
30th September 2010, 03:23 PM
Harshita21

Thumbs down Re: Can I take third attempt in IIT JEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rampal Lather View Post
I have appeared 2 times in iit
How can i take 3rd attempt??????
Plz reply soon...
sorry you can'nt
because thier is only two attempt are allowed no chance for the third one.
Try for VIT/AIEE.
30th September 2010, 08:05 PM
maddusajj
Senior Member+++++

i have got a doubt that,is an student wantedly does not give his 12th exam for better preparation of iitjee and gives the exam only when he is sure of his rank then whats the situation,i mean is there any limit also in iitjee or only the number of attempts are limited?
30th September 2010, 11:11 PM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

no only one candidate can appear two times in IIT JEE.
you missed your both chances.

there are so many good college comparable with IIT try to take admission there. try to give their entrance examination. surely you will get a chance to take admission in a very good institution.
best wishes.
30th September 2010, 11:38 PM
yogeshkumarsoni

Dear friend,
don't be depressed, it doesn't matter either u study engineering from iit or some other colleges. so take admission in any college. don't matter if u can't crack the IIT. Best of luck
30th September 2010, 11:42 PM
poplu13
Senior Member+

No dear ...

there is no more provison for having third attempt in IIT JEE\...The only possible way is to go for 12th class again...but I dont thiink it will be worth...you can try doinf]]g M.tech in IIT...through GATE..
30th September 2010, 11:46 PM
babydoll

Hi!
No boss! only two attempt allow for the iitjee exam. You can appear for the aieee many times.
so better to appear for the aieee.
1st October 2010, 01:31 AM
vik111

Unhappy Re: Can I take third attempt in IIT JEE?

DEAR FRIEND,
There is no procesure in IIT-JEE for 3rd attemt

Hence you can not apply for third time
1st October 2010, 03:14 AM
sarvesh.k13

sorry dear,
but you can not give 3rd attempt in IIT-JEE.
I think if you really want to do engineering then there are many other very good reputed institutes. so go......
& make your dream true.
If you have true knowledge then college reputation not matter much.
career is bright too.......................!
1st October 2010, 03:49 PM
Mansi Gandhi

if u have already tried two times and not been able to crack it then you should think about something else its not about that you cannot crack it rather its gonna be an intelligent decission to think about something else.........
i m sure that must be knowing a lot and have already studied a lot and even worked too hard...........
dont get dishartened and try something else . i m sure you can do much better in others................
and there is no right path from which you can try the third time........
1st October 2010, 04:27 PM
yuvraj anand

no there r only 2 attempts.....but deont worry u have a gr8 carrer ahead in ur life
1st October 2010, 10:06 PM
mseetharamster

only two choices for IIT-JEE,.............................................
1st October 2010, 11:51 PM
sonalsourabh

Thumbs up Re: Can I take third attempt in IIT JEE?

Hello Dear,

I can understand ur situation. Till now u must be feeling very pressurized and depressed, but this is the time to take quick and estimated risk. At this point of time I think U should start with some other engineering college as u have already spent 2yrs. while preparing for iit now stop running behind it. Please take admission in a good engineering college according to your caliber and start a new chapter as u have spent 2 whole years, ur fundas must be very clear comparatively. Make those 2yrs ur strength and give it a try. Believe me u will be able to perform better then others in the class, this would eventually raise ur confidence level. At the time of placement u will find urself in a better position from others. Scores between 80-90% will definitely make a difference to your career. Low scores from IITs will never be fruitful for u.

Rest is yours decision.

THINK BEFORE ATTEMPTING.....
2nd October 2010, 01:29 AM

Thumbs up Re: Can I take third attempt in IIT JEE?

no, there is only two attempts.
it doesnt mean that to become a good engineer you have to crack iit, if you have knowledge and you are studious do engineering from any other recognised college there is AIEEE, UPSEAT try for that your skill and Hard work will make u successful engineer not the only name of iit. ya its very good to crack it but if u r not qualified dont lose hope there are many other options waiting for you if you r really dedicated to your work . always think positive.
"Everything happens for a good purpose so never lose hope and try your best if one gate is closed thousand gates are open, so plz dont let that thousand gates to be closed for that one Gate".
2nd October 2010, 07:50 AM
helpmaster

In IIt you can not appear for 3 attempt.
but can appear for other engineeering exams
7th November 2010, 10:31 AM
Unregistered

hello,,,,,, if m giving 12th again n dis is my 3rd attempt....now my que is wht shd i fill in my iit appilication form like is dis my 1st attempt,2nd or wht........plz help me
8th November 2010, 11:21 AM
avinash kr.
Banned

no, you can not take 3rd attempt in iitjee. according to iitjee one candidate attempt only twice. one in the appearing of 12th and another after 12th..thanking you..
12th November 2010, 02:59 PM
helpmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Unregistered View Post
hello,,,,,, if m giving 12th again n dis is my 3rd attempt....now my que is wht shd i fill in my iit appilication form like is dis my 1st attempt,2nd or wht........plz help me

Look you can give but it will be only cheating and its legally wrong o better you look forward and thinkk of other options.
It will just be cheating yourself if you would have been really eligible and sincere about your success you would have got success in atleat all the two attempts but you cann't.
So it will be wastage of both time and money.
Time is very precious as it is rightly saidTime and TIDE
WAIT FOR NONE
13th November 2010, 12:11 PM
ravik1214
Senior Member++++

Cool Re: Can I take third attempt in IIT JEE?

Quote:
Plz reply soon...
sorry you cant appear in iit attempting third time. as according to rules and regulation of iit a student can appear only two times in iit .one when he/she is in class 12 and other just after passing 12th . there is no provision of sitting in this exam after that.
25th November 2010, 12:23 PM
Unregistered

i have passed my board(12th) exam in 2009. but i take 1st attempt in 2010.can i take 2nd attempt. plz reply
29th November 2010, 09:40 PM
Unregistered

Pls tell me if a students gives iit and failed in 12 because of some reasons then he/she can get third chance for iit or not pls reply soon
30th November 2010, 08:18 PM
Rudraprasad
Senior Member++

Eligibility criteria as below,you can not sit for 3rd time.

ELIGIBILITY CRITERIA:

• The candidate must have passed their 10+2 examinations from a recognized board.

The candidate can appear in the Joint Entrance Exam two times only, that also should be in consecutive years.

• The candidate must be physically fit for the course for which they have applied.

• The candidates who will be giving their final examinations of 10+2 in 2011 are also eligible to apply.

all the best.
4th December 2010, 11:28 PM
Unregistered

EVERY ONE KNOWS THAT THERE ARE ONLY 2 ATTEMPTS IN IIT-JEE IF A STUDENT FAILS IN CLASS 11 AND HE TAKES 3 YEARS TO PASS OUT 12TH AFTER PASSING 10TH THEN "ARE THERE 2 ATTEMPTS REMAIN OR 1 ATTEMPT REMAIN IN IIT-JEE "PLEASE REPLY VERY SOON PLEASZZZZZ
16th December 2010, 12:42 AM
rahul k
Senior Member+++++

Dear friend

No, Its Not Possible, to attempt IIT 3 times.

Because in IIT, Third attempt is not allowed. So, if you have appear in both the two chances, then sorry you dont appear 3rd time.

But, dont worry if you dont clear IIT exams in your 2 attempt, then try some other entrance exams, then definately you will get success.

And if you want to get more detail, then see the brouchers or jee websites.
16th December 2010, 12:49 AM
rahul_kumar066

Hi
only two turns are allowed in IIT, no third turns are allowed .
16th December 2010, 12:58 AM
Rohit Vashisht
Senior Member+

Not at all!!
This time you seems to be so much concerned about IIT 2011 but Unfortunatly you will never get other chance to appear.
Well if you are so much ambitious to be a part of IIT's then you could opt to you masters and PHD's degree from here
Wishing best of your future.
16th December 2010, 02:47 AM
rchauhan294
Senior Member+

sorry friend, but IIT-JEE doesn't allow 3 attempts. only 2 attempts are allowed -in class 12 and other just after 12th and nothing more than that.
16th December 2010, 05:19 AM
mukul0094
Banned

no you can not attempt 3rd time in iitjee. according to iitjee you can attempt only two times one in appearing in 12th and other in after 12th. thanking you..
16th December 2010, 07:55 AM
RAKESH KUMAR.N
Senior Member+

1)3rd attempt in IIT?

*No, only two times you can appear for the exam, one at appearing 12th and other Next year

2)Don't worry about that , there are lot of Universities are there,in AIEEE 3 attempt can be taken

3)you also try for VIT university

Best of luck,Success is yours Friend
16th December 2010, 09:10 AM
chandrashekar407

Thumbs down Re: Can I take third attempt in IIT JEE?

No...Its not possible to write IIT 3rd time..because it has been ruled that the no.of attempts to cat is 2 times only....
16th December 2010, 10:15 AM
mishra245

By the iit's only 2attemt for clearing iit-jee.
There is not possible to take third attemp.
16th December 2010, 10:19 AM
rockingindranil1991

You still have time,go and register for April 2010 NIOS Exam and then u can apply for IIT JEE as appearing in April 2011.
16th December 2010, 10:36 AM
JAMESS
Senior Member+++++

Eligibility Conditions
Candidates must make sure that they satisfy all the eligibility conditions given below for appearing in JEE-2011:

1. Date of birth

For GE and OBC categories, only those candidates whose date of birth falls on or after October 1, 1986 are eligible to appear in JEE-2011. SC, ST, and PD candidates who are born on or after October 1, 1981 are eligible to appear in JEE-2011.
The date of birth as recorded in the high school/first Board/Pre-University certificate will be accepted. If the certificate does not mention the date of birth, a candidate must submit, an authenticated document indicating the date of birth.

2. Year of passing Qualifying Examination (QE)

A candidate must have passed the QE for the first time, on or after October 1, 2009 or will be appearing in 2011.
Those who are going to appear in the QE later than October 1, 2011 are not eligible to apply for JEE-2011.
The qualifying examinations (QEs) are listed below:

1. The final examination of the 10+2 system, conducted by any recognized central / state Board, such as Central Board of Secondary Education, New Delhi; Council for the Indian School Certificate Examinations, New Delhi; etc.
2. Intermediate or two-year Pre-University examination conducted by a recognized Board / University.
3. Final examination of the two-year course of the Joint Services Wing of the National Defence Academy.
4. General Certificate Education (GCE) examination (London / Cambridge / Sri Lanka) at the Advanced (A) level.
5. High School Certificate Examination of the Cambridge University or International Baccalaureate Diploma of the International Baccalaureate Office, Geneva.
6. Any Public School/Board/University examination in India or in any foreign country recognized as equivalent to the 10+2 system by the Association of Indian Universities (AIU).
7. H.S.C. vocational examination.
8. Senior Secondary School Examination conducted by the National Institute of Open Schooling with a minimum of five subjects.
9. 3 year Diploma recognized by AICTE or a state Board of technical education.

In case the relevant qualifying examination is not a public examination, the candidate must have passed at least one public (Board or Pre-University) examination at an earlier level.

3. Minimum percentage of marks in QE

Candidates belonging to GE and OBC categories must secure at least 60% marks in aggregate in their QE. SC, ST and PD candidates must secure at least 55% marks in aggregate in their QE.
The percentage of marks awarded by the Board will be treated as final. If the Board does not award the percentage of marks, it will be calculated based on the marks obtained in all subjects listed in the mark sheet. If any Board awards only letter grades without providing an equivalent percentage of marks on the grade sheet, the candidate should obtain a certificate from the Board specifying the equivalent marks, and submit it at the time of counselling / admission. In case such a certificate is not provided then the final decision rests with the Joint Implementation Committee of JEE-2011.

4. Important Points to Note

(i) One can attempt JEE only twice, in consecutive years. That means one should have attempted JEE for the first time in 2010 or will be appearing in 2011.
(ii) Those who have taken admission (irrespective of whether or not they continued in any of the programmes) or accepted the admission by paying the registration fee at any of the IITs, IT-BHU Varanasi or ISM Dhanbad, are NOT ELIGIBLE to write JEE-2011.
(iii) The year of passing the qualifying examination will be determined based on the examination he/she passed the earliest out of the qualifying examinations listed in Section III(2). If the candidate attempted any of the qualifying examinations listed in Section III(2) more than once, then the year of the first successful attempt will be used to determine the eligibility to write JEE-2011.
(iv) The offer of admission is subject to verification of original certificates/ documents at the time of admission. If any candidate is found ineligible at a later date even after admission to an Institute, his/her admission will be cancelled automatically.
(v) If a candidate is expecting the results of the QE in 2011, his/her admission will only be provisional until he/she submits the relevant documents. The admission stands cancelled if the documents are not submitted in original to the concerned institute before September 30, 2011.
(vi) If a candidate has passed any of the examinations, listed in Section III(2), before October 1, 2009, she/he is not eligible to appear in JEE-2011.
(vii) If a Board invariably declares the results of the QE late (only after September 30, every year), the candidate is advised to attempt JEE in 2012 or later.
(viii) The decision of the Joint Admission Board of JEE-2011 regarding the eligibility of any applicant shall be final.

so you are not eligible for the third time. try for another examination.

best wishes.
16th December 2010, 10:43 AM
anaspeer

you can only attempt this entrance exam twice in consecutive years.

if you have attempted for the first time in 2010 then again you can appear in 2011. Not after that.

So only twice you can attend no third attemp
16th December 2010, 10:55 AM
deepak.manit2007

Hi ,
Unfortunately IIT is allowed only two times so you can not give it third time.
I would like to suggest you to not to run after IIT instead prefer some other engineering colleges.You will get better career opportunities there also.
All the best
16th December 2010, 11:01 AM
muditknit02

Quote:
Plz reply soon...
no you can not give the iit exam after 2 attempts. because it's indian government rule that any student can't give the iit exam more than 2 times.
16th December 2010, 11:11 AM
HMALVIYA

Smile Re: Can I take third attempt in IIT JEE?

Quote:
Originally Posted by prashantmeghalia View Post
sorry but there is no practical way to give iit exam third time. You have used your both chances. Now you can try for iit exam but forget about iit. Now you cannot reach it.
that very hardly because iit institute give 2 chance for this examination after 12 passed/appearing .
16th December 2010, 11:23 AM
jitendradagrt

maximun two attempts are allowed for IIT JEE to any student
16th December 2010, 11:41 AM
ashishbiotech

you cannot have more than two consequitive attemps but after 2 attempts you can leave 1 year & re apply after that
16th December 2010, 11:50 AM
nikii jain

no, after 2 attempts you can not give 3rd because only 2 are allowed in iit jee.
16th December 2010, 01:19 PM
Mudassir Khan Masood Khan

Dear candidate I am very sorry to say you that you can attempt JEE third time. JEE allow us to attempt only two times. But it is not much nescessarry to do engineering only from IIT, now don't lose confidence and take admission any other reputed engineering college and make yourselve an excellent engineer, so that you will get more importance than an IITian. Company selects a candidate on the basis of his practicle performance not from name and fame of college. Make yourselve for liable for future.
Otherwise there are many other career option where you can do very best.
16th December 2010, 01:31 PM
sourish2020

No U can't as IIT Board has made it as a rule that a candidate can sit for at most 2 attempts.....
16th December 2010, 01:45 PM
sandipdarji

Quote:
Plz reply soon...
no, you have only two attempt for clearing of IIT-JEE.
16th December 2010, 02:25 PM
jagdish prasad jangid

Quote:
Plz reply soon...
Dear friend only two times continue can apply for jee.
16th December 2010, 02:43 PM
wasim23

no 2 can only have 2 attempts ]
in other exam u can sit like u can go for AIEEE
BEST OF LUCK
16th December 2010, 02:45 PM
ashi148

Smile Re: Can I take third attempt in IIT JEE?

Quote:
Plz reply soon...
NO YOU CANT TAKE 3rd ATTEMPT IN IIT-JEE ,BECAUSE IT IS THE CRITERIA OF IIT-JEE......YOU CAN TAKE ATTEMPT WITH INTER APPEARING AND SECOND ATTEMPT JUST AFTER COMPLETING INTERMEDIATE,.........
16th December 2010, 03:07 PM
prince madhusudhan

Red face Re: Can I take third attempt in IIT JEE?

Quote:
Plz reply soon...
no u can attempt for two times only bcoz very limit colleges are dere so thats the reason
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?