14th February 2015, 03:12 AM
Unregistered

Am I eligible to reattempt JEE Main if having gap of a year?

hello
i have given my jee entrance exam
for the first time 2 years ago then due
to some circumstances i was not able to attempt
for jee entrance exam last year.
will i be able to give my second attempt for jee in this year?

16th February 2015, 05:19 PM
GreekScholar
Senior Member+++++

Default Re: Am I eligible to reattempt JEE Main if having gap of a year?

You are eligible to appear for JEE main exam, if you are candidate, who has completed the 12th standard in 2013. Because the number of attempts a candidate can make for JEE main exam is 3 attempts. So, the candidates, even who have completed their intermediate in 2013, are eligible for JEE main exam 2015.

Eligibility:-
1. candidates, who have completed their intermediate in 2013/2014/2015 are eligble to appear for JEE main exam.
2. Candidates must have studied at least five subjects in their 12th standard or in any other equivalent education.
16th February 2015, 07:19 PM
Saikiranreddy47475
Senior Member+++++

Yes, you cann give your second attempt in JEE Main examination after 2 years gap after first attempt of JEE Main entrance examination. The maximum number of attempts allowed to appear in JEE Main entrance examination is three times that too in three consecutive years after completion of your 12th standard from a recognised board. For example, to be eligible to appear in JEE Main 2015 examination, you must have to complete your 12th standard in 2015 or must have completed in the year 2014 or 2013. Candidates who have qualified 12th standard in 2012 are not eligible to appear in JEE Main 2015 examination. Since, you have completed your 12th standard and appeared JEE Main examination first time in 2013, then, you can appear in JEE Main 2015 examination and remember that is the last chance for you to appear in JEE Main examination.
26th February 2015, 09:26 PM
Unregistered

i have complted my class 10th in 2013 after dat due to some circumstances i had a gap of 3 years after dat in 2015 i m giving my class 12th board .... am i elible for jee main and advance ???
9th April 2015, 08:39 PM
amanshrivastava98

The maximum number of attempts for JEE is 3, for the consecutive 3 years including the 12th appearing year.

No matter if you have qualified in the 1st attempt, you have 2 more chances left for JEE, but if you you had a 1 year gap then there is no chance for you to reappear in JEE.
13th April 2015, 06:59 PM
kunalroy89

The number of attempts for JEE Mains is 3 and that includes the year of appearing in 12th as well.
So although you attempted only once but if you have passed 12th before 2013 then you are ineligible.If you passed in 2013 then your eligibility would be for 2013,2014 and 2015.

If you have passed before 2013 or if you have passed in 2013 and planning to appear for 2016 then in both cases you would NOT be eligible.
15th April 2015, 08:01 PM
Chandrprakash34
Senior Member+

Hi Dear,
You are eligible to apply for the second attempt for JEE Main.You have three attempts to sit in this Exam.As you have completed your 12th in 2013 then you can apply till 2015.It is depend on you that how many attempts do you want to take.It means that if you are not taking the test one year it means you are wasting your one attempt.
So i suggest you that don't waste time and also attempts those are given by the board.You should apply for this last attempt and secure good marks to join a reputed college for Graduation.
BEST OF LUCK
17th May 2023, 09:07 AM
Unregistered

i have passed 12th but 75% has not achieved in 2023 so will apper fo retest for achievingMy 75%. I quarry is whether I can appear for ZEE main and advance in 2025 & 2026.
31st May 2023, 09:14 AM
eduking

You can appear for JEE 3 times and all the attempts should be in consecutive years including the 12th appearing year. You can't have any gap between these attempts and must utilize it properly in 3 years. If you leave one year and don't attempt for the year, then it will be called a failed attempt.

Hence, make sure you appear for the entrance exam without having a gap between these 3 attempts. Even if you think you are not well prepared, just make sure you take an attempt to rest yourself.
Do you have any question? or have anything to say?